Chapter 26

VYRLLE got home early to spend her remaining time with her daughter. Pero pagdating niya sa bahay ni Light, sarado ito at wala ang dalawa. Her mind went blank in an instant. Thinking that something happened to her two precious treasures.

She was tempted to call a police, and file a missing report. Ilang oras siyang nakaupo sa labas ng bahay ni Light, crying and overthinking. Until a cab stop in front of her house and saw Light carrying the sleeping Vystrelle.

Mas lalo siyang naiyak dahil doon. She's been so emotional these past few days, maybe because her period was near. Light carrying her life melted her insides.

"Kalmado ka na ba?" Mahinahon na tanong sa kanya ni Light habang tinutulungan pa rin siya na punasan ang magkabilang pisngi niya.

Vyrlle slowly nodded her head and helped him with the shopping bags. Sobrang dami. She was planning to buy her daughter winter clothes, pero hindi ganito karami. This man spent his money like he didn't work hard for it, for years.

"Sorry, hindi na talaga mauulit," he softly said again.

His voice reminded her of the past. Ginagawa na naman siya nitong bata. But she actually... missed it.

"Malikot ba siya?" She asked when she finally calm herself.

Umiling si Light at naglakad papunta sa bahay niya. Vyrlle did not ask him, instead, sumunod lang siya at pinagbuksan ito ng pintuan.

"Hindi naman siya mahirap alagaan, unlike sa mga bata sa amin." He answered.

Nakuha agad niya ang sinasabi nito. Kapag tumatawag ang sister in law niya sa kanya, palagi nitong sinasabi ang kalikutan ng mga anak ng mga kaibigan nila ng kapatid niya. And how Light loves to kidnapped them and bought them a lot of toys.

"Pagod ka na ba?" Light asked.

She wanted to answer his question honestly. She's beat. Tired from work. Pagod sa pag aalala para sa anak. But when her eyes caught Light's gaze, kusang bumuka ang bibig niya para sumagot.

"No, not really. Why? Wanna talk?" Magkasunod na tanong niya rito.

Bahagya na umangat ang sulok ng labi nito at tumango. Inilapag muna ni Light ang anak niya sa crib at mahina na tinapik ang hita nito para masiguro na tulog talaga ito.

"Ano ang pag uusapan natin?" Vyrlle asked.

Napalunok siya ng mariin na tumingin sa kanya si Light. She can't avoid his gaze, feels like his eyes were pulling her.

"About us? About my intention to you. I don't care about our past, I don't care about our age gap, I don't care if you have a daughter now. There's nothing holding me back now, sunshine."

Napatanga siya rito. His voice was calm but it was screaming danger. Not for her life but for her heart and her sanity.

"I just want to be clear, I came here because I have feelings for you. I came here to chase you, because honestly, hindi ko alam kung tatagal pa ako sa kakatago nitong nararamdaman ko para sayo. I am done wishing that you'll be mine, when I am miles away from you. In those years, that I unintentionally or maybe intentionality hurt you, I promise. Babawi ako."

He didn't even blink while he's saying those words. Samantalang siya, pakiramdam niya ay sasabog na ang puso niya!

Light was staring at her softly, his eyes begging her to let him do whatever he wanted to.

Bumaba ang tingin niya sa sahig. She was overwhelmed. Hindi niya alam ang isasagot niya rito, maybe when she confessed her feelings to him, ganito rin ang naramdaman ni Light.