Chapter 22

AFTER SHE confessed, Light did not say anything. He didn't reject her, nor accept her feelings. He remained silent and for her, his silence means he'll let her keep her feelings for him. Maaliwalas siyang ngumiti nang maalala ang gabi na 'yon, she left the country na magaan ang loob.

"Are you crazy?"

Nawala ang ngiti sa mga labi niya nang marinig ang kaibigan niya na siyang secretary niya ngayon sa company na pinapatakbo niya. Her mother's company. Susunod si Leo at Rayos sa kanya sa San Diego to study.

"No, I am not. Why don't you leave me and do your work?" She answered sarcastically.

Pabiro siya nitong inirapan, instead of leaving her office, she leaned over and knock her table loudly.

"I heard you want to have a baby? But you don't want to get pregnant."

Kumunot ang noo ni Vyrlle, yes, she really wants to. Pero sa kanilang dalawa ni Rayos, mas qualified na magkaanak ang kambal niya. Noong huli siyang umuwi, their brother asked them to take care of their niece pero ang kambal niya lang ang nagalaga dahil busy siya sa kakaisip noon kung paano siya magtatago kay Light.

She's been living here in San Diego for years, and they're turning 23 next year. Umuuwi lang siya tuwing pasko at hindi pa nagpapakita sa ibang myembro ng pamilya nila. Siya lang magisa ang malayo sa pamilya nila that's why she wanted to have a companion. And so, she thought of having a baby as her companionship. The question was, handa na ba siya sa responsibilidad ng pagiging ina?

"Yes, why?" Her voice almost came out as a whisper.

"I have a friend and her patient is still looking for someone to adopt her baby,"

Bahagya na tumaas ang kilay niya, Vyrlle's secretary — Dania, masyado itong maraming kaibigan. Hindi niya alam kung secretary ba talaga niya ito o anak ng mas presidente. Her set of friends were Doctors, Business woman and so on and so forth.

"May I know what was her reason?" Tanong niya at  umupo ng maayos. Her decision will depend on the mother's reason.

"She's dying. That's what my friend said."

Her lips thinned. Vyrlle gently sighed and nod her head slowly, she's already an adult, their mother got pregnant after graduation, no questions asked about her taking the responsibility of bearing a child especially that she has someone to share that responsibility.

Her brother and sister in law got pregnant because of his brother's impulsive behavior. Nasa tamang edad na rin ang mga ito.

But she... Kung tutuusin, sa ganitong edad kailangan pa niya na busugin ang sarili niya sa mga bagay na gusto talaga niyang gawin. And so far, she's doing it all one by one. Vyrlle's living her life to the fullest here in San Diego. Visiting a lot of breathtaking places, eating different foods, buying everything that she likes and considered things as her needs.

"So... Would you want to adopt her? If not... I'm going to adopt her and use your name." Kumindat ito sa kanya. "Come on, boss! People may labeled you a devil but I, of all people! Knows how gentle you are!"

"Can you shut your mouth first and let me think?" Vyrlle answered her dryly.

Dania acted like she's zipping her mouth and let her think. A baby...

Nawala 'yon sa isipan niya nang magumpisa na ulit ang trabaho niya. Attending meetings and all. It was draining her but she can't just leave it, lalo na at gusto niya ang ginagawa niya.

Ilang linggo rin siyang nagiisip tungkol sa bata. At last, her decision was not to adopt the baby. Sa klase ng trabaho niya, magisa lang siya sa bansa na hindi naman niya kinalakihan, considering her age. She's not ready to be a mother.