Chapter 25

"ANG sabi ko, I don't have one. Wala akong asawa."

Para siyang nabuhusan ng malamig na tubig sa narinig. Jyrelle didn't answer his questions, basta na lang nito pinatay ang tawag niya and let himself jump into conclusions. Light rubbed his palms against his face, how dare he...

Was Jyrelle right all along? That he's doubting his sister's feelings for him?

Light suddenly had the urge to smack himself.

"Mukhang hindi nasabi sayo ni Kuya. Well, I did tell them not to tell anyone, but at least, after a year I expected my brother to tell you about my whereabouts." She shrugged nonchalantly.

He doesn't want to jump in any more conclusion. Kaya kahit nahihilo na siya sa dami ng alak na nainom niya, simula nang makita niya ito na may hawak na bata, Light started asking her.

"Then, how?"

Vyrlle smiled at him.

"I was getting lonely. I need a companion but I don't want to have a man other than the man whom I really like. I started to think if maybe I should adopt a baby or  a toddler? Opportunity knocked in front of me and so, after I saw the baby, my daughter, without thinking so much... I adopted her."

"Wala kang... naging boyfriend?"

"I guess too much alcohol can affect your hearing too? Yes, wala." She answered sarcastically.

Light felt his chest tightened and a half second, his heart exploded in happiness that he couldn't help himself but to laugh so loud. Nahiga siya sa sahig habang tumatawa.

He was laughing because of how pathetic he was a while ago. Thinking that maybe... he has no chance. But, laughing his ass off here wouldn't give him a chance either. It's up to Vyrlle.

Wala siyang balak na samantalahin ang pagkakagusto nito sa kanya. He wanted to give her everything, his love, his care, lahat lahat ng mga bagay na hindi niya naiparamdam noon sa dalaga.

"A while ago you looked hopeless, and now, you're laughing. Wow, I'm amazed how fast your mood changes, Mr. Perez!" Vyrlle uttered. "Anyway, I need to go back. Kaya mo naman ang sarili mo no?"

Light smiled and nod his head a little. He wanted her to stay a little longer, pero inaalala rin niya ang anak nito na naiwan sa bahay.

If he's inside the Lust community, sigurado na hindi siya titigil sa pag inom ng alak hanggat hindi siya bumabagsak. Yves and Isabella were taking good care of them. Marahan siyang bumuntong hininga, bago niya iniligpit ang mga nagkalat na bote sa sahig, inubos muna niya ang pagkain na binigay ni Vyrlle sa kanya.

How can a simple food reminds him of the past? Light was blinded by his love for Vyel that he didn't noticed he's hurting Vyrlle. Noong mag confess ito sa kanya, unti unti na bumalik sa kanya ang mga ngiti sa labi ng Papa niya, Rayos words, Vyrlle's cold treatment for him. Lahat.

Those memories were the ones he used to remind himself that he's not worthy of Vyrlle's love, and in order to be a deserving man, he made himself better throughout the years. With the help of Ryker's cousin, nagpalagay siya ng tattoo sa pulsuhan niya, it was a small Sun connected to a calligraphy acronym VIC. It was to remind him that there's a woman who loves the Sun, that every day was a blessing and that there's someone who can make him shine even if they're both swallowed by the darkness.

It took him almost an hour to clean his mess. After that, he took a cold shower and threw himself on his bed. Nakatulog siya na walang iniisip. Because he knew that Vyrlle was right next to his house. The next morning, he woke up because of a loud knock on his door.

Hindi na siya nagabala na mag t-shirt man lang. With his head aching, Light ran, para mapag buksan ang kumakatok.

"Morning," he greeted as soon as he saw Vyrlle's face.