The Good, The Bad, and The Angry

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY and Angry Birds

Today was combat class, currently a one-on-one spar between Jaune and Cardin Winchester. So far, it did not appear to be going in Jaune's favor as he already appeared exhausted while Cardin doesn't seem to even break a single sweat, evident by his chuckle as he held his mace, the Executioner, over his shoulder.

"Come on... come on..." Jaune muttered to himself as he picked up his sword once again and charged at Cardin with a battle cry, only for him to jump out of Jaune's way. Jaune looked back in surprise, just as The Executioner's impact with his shield sent it and himself flying across the ground. Now only armed with his sword, Jaune continues to go on the offense, but Cardin blocks his strikes effortlessly. Their weapons locked, Cardin forces himself up, towering over a struggling Jaune.

"This is the part where you lose." Cardin told him.

"Over my dead-" Jaune was cut off as Cardin knees him in the gut, causing Jaune to drop his sword and fall to the ground in pain. Cardin raised his mace to finish him off, but the sound of a buzzer stopped the match.

"Cardin, that's enough." Glynda told him as she stepped forward onto the stage, tapping her scroll to reveal the status of Jaune's and Cardin's Aura on a holographic screen above them.

"Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match." Glynda said before addressing Jaune directly.

"Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your Scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf now, would we?

Jaune can only give an exhausted sigh, sparing a glance towards Pyrrha as she looks at him with a concerned expression.

"Speak for yourself." Cardin muttered as he picked up his weapon and proceeded to step off the arena.

"Remember everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away!" Glynda reminded the students, which got them, especially Team RWBY, excited. "It won't be long before students from the other Kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament, will be representing all of Vale!"

The bell then rang, signaling the end of the class, allowing the students to pick up and leave, all except Jaune who could only hang his head in shame.

Meanwhile, The Flock had seen the whole thing from the ceiling, and away from the view of the students. "That tournament sounds like fun." Jake said with a smirk.

"Jake, you do know that's for the students only." Bomb told him.

"I know that, Uncle Bomb. But we have been fighting Grimm for days! A sparring match against someone else would be nice for a change."

"But it would be unfair if we went into the tournament." Hal commented.

"Maybe Ozpin can pull some strings and let us fight some professional Huntsmen, it could be a good learning experience for all of us and for them." Chuck suggested.

"Or we could duke it out together, like in the arena tournament with the banners that Terry held previously back in Piggy Island. What do you think, Red? Red?" Jay asked Red again before noticing that he and Silver seemed to be deep in thought.

"Um...hello? Red? Silvy? Ya hear me?" Jay repeated as he tried to get their attention.

"What? Oh, sorry Jay. It's just that...seeing Jaune's fight, something doesn't feel right there." Silver stated.