Chapter 5

I was at my husband's home. My mother was nowhere to be seen. But I could see my inlaws talking.

"Mr Rao just spoke with me about the marriage of our son and their daughter. They would like to cancel the wedding it seems..." my father inlaw said looking upset

"WHAT!?!? WHY!? We have money, a house,farms and much more!"

"Apparently that is not enough! They don't want their child to marry a widower."

"This is nonsense! That girl seems to bring us bad luck even in her death!"

"Acts just like her name doesn't she! 'YaMiNI' her name itself means dark!"

They continued mocking but I didn't even care if they got their son to marry twice or even a hundred times. They will never be satisfied with themselves nor their son and mainly their daughter inlaw.

I JUST DIDN'T CARE ANYMORE. I didn't feel sad or upset that I died. I was emotionless. I was just a free spirit roaming around.

I wanted to see my father one last time before I went to the afterlife.
As soon as I floated there I heard wails and cries of people.

My father, many relatives of mine and their children whom I used to play with in my childhood. They had their kids with them and a lot of them whom i couldn't recognise but they too were sobbing.

My father cried the loudest. That made me pity him. I floated towards him and gave him a tight hug like I used to give as a toddler to tell him that I was completely fine.

For some reason he stopped crying and slowly murmured "Yamini? Is that you?"
I was shocked that he could feel my ghostly hands but was glad.

"Yamini? YAMINI MY CHILD? IS THAT REALLY YOU?" he bellowed
People around him looked aghast upon his sudden act. My uncles started consoling him. I looked at my lifeless body in the coffin and decided that it was time to leave.

I closed my eyes and I could feel the time change around me. The cries stopped and there were a lot of other sounds, like vehicle horns and machines.

I opened my eyes and i was in a house that i didn't recognise. I could hear a woman screaming with anger coming from somewhere. I became curious and started roaming in the house to see where those screams were coming from.

I followed the sound and i entered the bedroom. I saw a woman holding some documents or reports in her hands and shouting at a man who seemed to be her husband about-

"YOU COULDN'T EVEN GIVE ME THE SMALLEST THING I ASKED YOU IN OUR DECADE RELATIONSHIP!?!??" she shouted

"I-its-no! Its not l-like t-th-that" she whimpered

"I ASK YOU TO GIVE A GIRL CHILD AFTER WHAT 3 BOYS? AND YOU WOULDNT EVEN DO THAT!"

"No- I please j-just listen to me" the man said

"NO YOU LISTEN TO ME! MY WHOLE FAMILY HAS BEEN WAITING FOR THIS AND MY GRANNY SAYS SHAME ON US BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE THE PRIVILEDGE TO RAISE OR BARE A GIRL CHILD!"

"But this is not in my hands! I can't control it, can i?" he whispered to her with tears in his eyes

"OH NONONO IT YOUR FAULT! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! MEN HAVE THE ABILITY TO DETERMINE THE CHILD'S GENDER SIR! DON'T YOU KNOW THAT!" she shouted looking annoyed and vexed

I took a closer look at the man's face. He looked eerily similar. Then it clicked! It was my husband from my past life. This must have been his next life i wondered

"This is IT. we. are. done. I'm divorcing you and dont even think to take the custod of our kids including the one in my tummy because when did you even take care of them properly. You dont deserve us. Goodbye" the woman said and left the room while the man started sobbing and begging her no to leave him.

He just got dumped because he couldnt give a girl child to his wife?

It is KARMA indeed.

***

This is it guys. This is the last chapter of Karma. If the last part confused you here's the explanation. Yamini looks at her husband's next life where he is being shamed and hurt just like he hurt Yamini. Karma got back at him for what he did. If you are wondering what happens next, she goes to after life.

This story is not just Yamini's story. It is unfortunately a reality to many women and men no matter which race or country.

Okay enough with all the senti talk but I can't believe I completed my first book(⁠人⁠ ⁠•͈⁠ᴗ⁠•͈⁠)
I really hope you liked this book!
Thank you for reading till here(⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡