Chapter 2

I woke up with blood running from my nose and lips. My cheeks and eyes were extremely sore. I couldn’t see properly. They laid my hands on me. I knew this would happen but it was never so intense that I blacked out.

This was the second time today. I don't remember anything after hearing that I was carrying a baby girl inside me.

My family was upset. Dinner was served but I had no appetite. I had to eat for the little one inside me.

“So it looks like this marriage isn't successful.” my father in law spoke

“Your aunt's husband's cousin's daughter has come of age for marriage, you know.” continued my mother inlaw

“Their family is okay to marry a man already married as long as the previous wife doesn’t stay with them.”

I froze. “For whom are we looking a bride for ma” i asked

“It's for my son ofcourse” she said.

“What do you mean by that?” i questioned raising my voice

“I mean it's not like we are getting an heir to the family anytime soon. We have waited long enough for you and now since mine and my husband's health is deteriorating we would like to play with our grandson soon.”

“How is that possible ma? I AM carrying YOUR grandchild and throwing me away when I am in a condition like this?” I asked. anxiety was filling me.

“Well we are not THAT cruel either you know. First we will abort that thing inside you and as you have been asking us for a very long time you can go to your hometown. This time you can stay there forever.”

With that she and her husband got up and left. I was stunned. They were getting my husband married again. I looked at my husband but he didn’t give me any eye contact.He must have known about this.

This was it. My life was over. The only goal I had all my life’s now gone. I am a failure. My life and my existence is worthless.

The next morning

“What!?” my mother in law questioned me

“Yes, I will move out within a few days. I couldn't give you an heir and I am worthless and useless being here. So please let me go. I am requesting you to send me early so you and this family wouldn't get insulted because of me” i said

“Then what about it?” she asked looking at my stomach

“I am willing to keep it. That is my only wish right now. My only will to survive ma.” i said

She looked serious and didn't seem to have loved the idea of me keeping THEIR grandchild. Though they wanted to get rid of it before it could even breathe properly, the idea of me having it made them angry.

“Let's see about this.” she said walking away

“NO. I WANT to keep this baby. Please.” i begged her

A tight slap hit my face. This time I don't know why but tears didn’t come out of my eyes. I looked bravely in her eyes. This enraged her and she was about to hit me again when I stopped her hand. Honestly god must know why i had this courage in me.

Another hand hit me. This time it was rough and I knew that it was my husband. The thought of him beating me and supporting his mother like that when I was in a situation of losing my child, husband and the will to live broke my heart. I started to cry.

“Don't ever talk back or act smart with my mother Yamini” he said coldly

I just went to the bathroom crying. I didn't know how long I was there until I felt something coming down from my body between my legs.

It was sticky and red. It was blood. Something felt off. I have never felt this way before. It was like my insides were melting away. This was bad. My eyes were feeling heavy and closing. I knew I was fainting. I fell down in the bathroom with blood pooled around me.

This was BAD.