I decided to fight

3 months later – Firehouse 51 – Stella's Quarters

Delilah's POV

"Omg you've got to see what I found the other night when I was looking for photos of Brin for her school project." I say and Stella looks up at me intrigued. "The video from that night where we got extremely drunk at mine in 2016 after you and Grant separated." I say. "Omg I remember that night ... well part of it I think I blacked out after dancing." Stella says and I chuckle. We begin to watch the video and my mind flows back to that night we Stella was just freshly divorced, and we decided to drink and celebrate. We get through the first four minutes of us dancing to New Romantics before the bells ring and we get called out. It's a call to lake Michigan for all of us which concerns us especially Stella who just under 6 years ago almost lost Kelly the exact same way. I quickly run to my locker and grab my wetsuit just in case I can help out and dive with squad before running to the truck. I get in the driver's side, and we follow squad to the scene. I tuck the wetsuit under my chair just in case I need it which I'm really hoping I don't because the 4 members of squad are more than capable on their own.

Kelly's POV

We arrive on scene, and I feel a flashback wash over me. Stella and I newly engaged, I trapped in a boat on a day where both Cruz and I almost died. I signal for all of us to suit up in the back of the truck after doing my assessment and getting information from the witnesses who stated there was 2 adults and a child on the boat, the witness being another child already pulled from the water. We quickly check our oxygen tanks before I kiss Stella quickly after seeing the worry in her eyes. We get on the speed boat which takes us closer to the victims vessel. When we get on the vessel open the door as luckily it hasn't submerged yet. One of the victims the mother from my assumptions is clearly unconscious. I grab her first and pass her to Capp who takes her to the surface who is clearly trying to shake us off for the other victim to be rescued first, his daughter. "Get my daughter first." he says above the water line. The water line is rising there is only about 20 cm left until the top of the boat. He insists of staying with us until we find his daughter. I leave him with Tony and Capp when he returns from the surface.

Violet's POV

I and Evan are called over to the speed boat who are currently doing CPR on what looks like the mother. By instinct I almost say where do you want me Brett forgetting both her and Dawson are on maternity leave and Evan has chosen to work beside me. We manage to resus the mother before calling for another ambo as we have to stay until another arrives just in case one of the other victims needs medical attention or even worse on of the members of squad.

Kelly's POV

I manage to find the daughter in the back of the boat behind a wall of the main section of the underneath. Thankfully she's conscious however she is struggling to breathe as she is in a panic. I put the spare mask on her allowing us to share oxygen before signalling to the others to head out as I'm about to pick her up to carry her out I hear a crack and the ceiling caves in.

Delilah's POV

"Mayday, Mayday. The boat has collapsed in on itself and they are trapped." The speedboat says. I rush back to the truck and quickly change into my wetsuit before grabbing the extra squad gear out of the truck. I call for the speedboat before grabbing a halligan. I walk over to Stella, panic all over her face. "I'll get him." I say in a comforting way. Casey gives me a nod before I hop on the speedboat. When I arrive the other speed boat had managed to get access to Capp, Tony, Cruz and the male victim however there is no sight of Kelly or the young girl. There air tanks are almost out so I tell them to get out of the waters now the commanding officer. I make sure they're all out before diving in after Kelly.

Stella's POV

As usual everyone is out of the way of danger except from Kelly. I see Lilah tell them all to get out of the water before diving back in. They all fill me in on the situation knowing I'm dying from the lack of information I'm receiving on land. I also know by now his oxygen is gone and he's relying on holding his breath.

Delilah's POV

They told me he was behind a doorway with the girl when they last made contact so that's where I start. I see a doorway completely closed off by rubble. However, I do see Kelly's hand on my side. I grab my halligan and start striking against the rubble some coming loose however Kelly and the victim are still 95% under the rubble. I manage to get more away revealing Kelly but it took a while. As soon as I get there, he reveals his air is gone and he's holding his breath and so is the young girl. I know what I have to do and I don't give it a second thought. I pull my oxygen tank from my back and give him it. Thankfully his back is accessible even with the rubble so I'm able to change the tanks out. As I place the new tank in he protests. He was already doing it with his face but now his mouth is doing it too.

Kelly's POV

As soon as I saw Lilah down here I knew she was going to get us out because it's Lilah but I refuse to accept her tank. I watch as she's holding her breath whilst trying to remove more and more rubble and I know no matter how much I try to protest she's not going to leave so I give in. Why is she so stubborn I think to myself with a smile. Plus I know she probably promised Stella something. Oh shit Stella I think to myself. I can't imagine what a panic she must be in right now. Six years ago when the other similar boat incident occurred she was terrified and now we are so much more than we were then. My life means a lot more to a lot more important people in my life including .My kids, Ivy, Mase and Paige. So I decide to fight, not that I wasn't already fighting but fighting more, fighting for them, for her and so Lilah will get home to her family too because I know her she is leaving with me regardless of what I tell her.

Delilah's POV

In the next minutes we manage to remove most of the rubble however one of each Kelly's legs and arms is still trapped. I take the young girl signalling to Kelly I'll be back for him. I also need a breath knowing I've at least held my breath for three minutes. After I pass her off to the boat personnel I dive straight back down taking in a big breath of air that will hopefully last me for a while.

Stella's POV

I see Lilah come back up for air pulling up a little girl onto the rescue boat but there is still no sign of Kelly. I was starting to think for the worst when I see Lilah dive back down hopefully meaning she was just passing the young girl up before bringing Kelly as she doesn't have her own tank.