I'm a Terrible Terrible Friend

The next morning

Delilah's POV

I wake up snuggled into Jay who's awake and kissing my forehead. "I hear my alarm go off and snooze it. I kiss Jay on the lips before we both get out of bed. "I quickly get changed and grab Brin who's already up and ready. "I love you, be safe." I say to Jay as he's about to leave. "Always and I love you so much." Jay says before kissing me and exiting. "Ready to go out." I say to Brin who's sitting on the couch patiently waiting to go. "Yeah, where are we going again?" Brin asks. "To Aunt Stella and Uncle Kelly's." I say and she smiles. "Yay." Brin says. "Let's go then." I say and we head off towards Stella and Kelly's.

Stella's POV

I sit on my bed; Kelly and I have been stressing since Katie left a week back about what we are going to do with Mase, luckily Lilah and Brett are off at the moment and so will I soon, so I have it covered but what comes next really scares me. After Lilah tells me and Brett the important thing, we need to know I'm going to see if she has something because I know Brett is feeling the same thing, I really don't want to quit like Lilah had to do with Brin, but I feel like it could be the only option. I hear a knock on the door and open it to see Lilah and Brin. Brin gives me a big hug before stepping aside to let me give her mum a hug. "How was Milwaukee." I say. "No better, still scares the hell out of me, but having Jay there was a big comfort." Lilah says and I smile. Brett arrived a few minutes later and we sat down, Brin off playing with Mason in the play area in the corner of the apartment. "Umm so you both know I went up to Milwaukee to see my mum and also my sister but there's someone else I see. This might come as a shock to you but when I was 18, I got pregnant." Lilah says. She continues on and I feel shocked, and so bad. I know those where some my darkest days. but It doesn't excuse the fact that I wasn't there for her. "How didn't I know about this?" I ask, "I told you, but with everything going on in your own life you didn't remember when the morning came, well at least that's what I told myself." Lilah says and it breaks my heart. I stand up and give her a big hug. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you, I feel horrible, like a horrible horrible friend." I say. "It's okay, I know you had a lot on your plate too back then and you are not a terrible friend you are the best I could ever ask for." Lilah says and I smile. She pulls me in tighter. "I just wish I could have been there for you that's all." I say. "It's done now so don't dwell in the past." Lilah says. "So why did you call off the engagement again?" Sylvie asks. "Three reasons really, the first was we both had vastly different dreams and life goals. He wanted to travel the world and that's apart of his job but that's not what I wanted. He also made my dreams feel silly like they were irrelevant in comparison to his. Then umm he just changed, became someone I didn't know. Lied to me, did things I've told myself I would never let a guy do to me again and he reminded me of the person I've told myself since I was like 13 I would never marry." Lilah says and Sylvie nods."Did you ever think of going back to him because of the baby." Sylvie says. "Uhh at the beginning I guess, because I always had this part of me that thought he would change when deep down I knew he wasn't. Looking back on it he caused me more pain than happiness and as soon as I stopped wanting to change what I did I realised that.

Sylvie's POV

As I'm listening to Lilah I can relate to every single word. I start to feel better about the decisions I've made to do with Matt in the last few weeks. Maybe they were for the best, maybe it's time to give up hope when it comes to Matt, Maybe it's time to accept all that's happened between us and take the good days with me and all the bad ones behind me. One part of Lilah's experience that's different from mine is there's no ex-best friend involved. That's one thing I'm still unsure of, what am I going to do about Dawson. I know ever since she came back things were weird between us. I expected that, I get why, it's weird seeing one of your old best friends with your ex-husband but that weirdness is nothing compared to now. Now we walk around the firehouse (Stella, Lilah, Violet and I) and basically ignore her the entire day. Well except Lilah and Stella who are her lieutenants but other that work stuff they don't say anything to her. The firehouse has an overwhelming tension since the incident, there's like three groups now. The Sylvie's (those on my side E.g. Stella, Lilah, Violet) The I don't want to get involved (The rest of the firehouse) And the Gabby's (Just her and Matt.) 

Delilah's POV

I finish talkign and I can tell I left Sylvie with a lot to think about. I guess I gave hints about what actually happened but I didn't have the strength to talk about it tonight, especially after today having already told Jay everything, which involved a lot of tissues and a lingering numb feeling afterwards. I sit there snuggled into the two of them as Stella begins to speak bringing me back to reality and away from my thoughts. "Well Lilah you're in a different boat but I feel like Sylvie you and I are in the same boat now when it comes to what we will do when the babies come. Like I'm fine now with Mason with you two off but as soon as we go back to work, I don't know if we can or will." Stella says and my heart breaks, I already came up with my solution I just need Jay on board, but unfortunately it won't work for Stella and Sylvie. "Lilah what are you doing after the baby arrives." Sylvie asks. "Well if Jay's on board and good to do it, I was going to continue working and on the days I have shift he gets off early and picks up the girls, and if he needs to stay at work he can quickly pick them up or I will and take them to the house and ask Kylie or to the district where Trudy said she would watch them whenever I needed." I say. "It sounds like your all set." Stella says. "Yeah it was the main reason I wanted to wait before we began trying, I wanted to get a plan together so I didn't have to quit again." I say. I start thinking what if Jay could pick them all up knowing we are probably going to put them all in the same day care to make it easier, and he can watch them for the two times a week. It's a stretch but I'll ask Jay and get back to the girls. "I'll definitely try and find some solutions for you and I'll get back to you as soon as I have one." I say and they smile.

That night

Jay's POV

I get home and don't see Lilah in the living room or kitchen, so I head to our room and see her laying on our bed, book in hand. "Hey babe, how was work." Lilah says. "Good but I missed you." I say quickly getting changed before joining her in bed. "Can we talk, I know this might be a bit early and there's no rush at all on this, but Stella and Sylvie were talking today about what we are going to do when the babies are here, and our maternity leaves are over, so I wanted to see what you think about what my idea." Lilah says and I nod. "Well I still want to work so those two nights a week where I have shift I was thinking if you could get off early around when Brin's school ends and pick them both up, and if you need to stay or go straight back to work I could get off or you could quickly pick them up and we could either take them to the district where Trudy would look after them or to the firehouse." I say and Jay nods. "Sounds like a great idea babe and I'm all in." Jay says before kissing me. "Now this part you definitely don't have to say yes to because it's a stretch on my part, and I haven't even suggested this, but if you could watch Sylvie and Stella's girls and Mason too, it would prevent them from having to quit, and you'll always have Brin's help." Lilah says and I'm slightly taken a back. "You don't have to make a decision now, just think about it." Lilah says before kissing me and we lay down and snuggle into each other. "I'll do it." I whisper into her ear and she hugs me really tight. "I love you." Lilah says.

AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry about not being able to post yesterday it was an extremely busy day x :)