Brooklyn Amelia

Brett's POV

As angry as I've been with Matt over these last nine months seeing him holding our daughter makes me want to forget all of it. Matt holds her a little longer before the firehouse begins to filter in taking turns of holding her, each of them complimenting her and checking up on me. Jay walks in with Brin who's fresh from school and she runs straight over to Lilah who is holding Brooke at the time.

Delilah's POV

I pass Brooke over to Stella for a second whilst I give Brin a hug before she sits next to me and insists on holding Brooke. "What's the baby's name, mommy." Brin asks. "Brooklyn." I say passing Brin the baby keeping a very close eye on her. "Aunty Sylvie your baby's very cute." Brin says smiling. Brooke's hand rapped around one of Brin's fingers. I smile over at her thinking in not so long that will be her and her little sister. The firehouse filters in and out until it's just Kelly, Stella, Mason, Sylvie, Brooke, Matt, Gabby, Ellie, Jay, Brin and I. It had an awkward tension in the room, but the kids were kind of lifesavers breaking it by talking every few seconds. I only said a few words to Jay in those first few minutes as I leaned against his chest his chin resting on my head, his arms around my waist. Ellie and Brin are giggling on the floor pretending to run after Mason when they're crawling really fast after him. "It's fun that they're all friends." Kelly says making him the first one to speak. "I'm just imagining if two or our kids ever get married to each other like obviously not mine and Stella's but otherwise I don't know why but I think it could happen." I say and they all nod. We talk for a while after the awkward silence was broken and we leave shortly after Sylvie begins to fall asleep.

The Next Morning

Stella's POV

I wake up at 8 and get a shower before getting ready to head to the hospital with Lilah to pick up Sylvie and help her and Brooke settle into their home. I wait for Lilah to pick me up and we both get in the car together. "I can't believe you have less than a month until your due date!" I say. "Me neither but I'm so excited and I really want to meet her and to have her out of here." Lilah says making me laugh. "How's Jay doing with the nerves." I ask. "He's being doing good, I just have to remind him as much as this is new territory for him it's not for me and I've been through all this before, but honestly he's super excited, what about Kelly." Lilah says. "Kelly's the same but honestly he said the hardest part is seeing me in pain and not being able to do anything about it." I say. "Yeah, I hate seeing you guys in pain too, but it's definitely worth it." Lilah says. "Will you at least tell me what you're naming this one." I ask. "No, that's a surprise for all, but all I'm going to say is it was Jay's suggestion and I love it." Lilah says and I smile. "I won't tell you mine either but weirdly enough it was Kelly's suggestion too." I say Lilah laughs. We arrive at the hospital and Gabby is in the waiting room, we are surprised but then we realise that must mean Matt is in there. Just as we reach the door Matt walks out, he smiles at us, and we smile back before heading into the room.

Sylvie's POV

The conversation I just had with Matt was the most civilised we've had in months. We decided on what we are going to do about Brooke and then he completely apologized to me and that was something I really needed to find closure on all the events that have took place in the last 9 months. Stella and Lilah then walk in with my baby carrier car seat, change of clothes for me and some small things for Brooke. I give them a big hug before Stella asks. "So, what was Matt here about." I quickly recap them on my conversation telling him about all the compromises Matt made and the apology he gave me at the end. They both smile when I finish speaking. "You ready to get out of here then?" Lilah asks me, passing me my change of clothes and taking Brooke out of my arms and holding her. "Definitely and also, I think she likes you the most she cries with you the least." I say and Lilah laughs. "I am very lovable." Lilah says with a laugh. I walk into the bathroom and get changed. One thing I never prepared myself for was my after-birth appearance. I sigh putting on some old clothes which were oversized and comfortable like Lilah and Stella both suggested before walking out and seeing Brooke getting rocked back and forth in Lilah's arms. Lilah carefully places Brooke into the baby carrier before passing it to Stella to hold, grabbing my hospital bag instead. I get into the wheelchair, but not without protest and Lilah pushes me out to the car park. 10 minutes later we arrive at my apartment, and I grab Brooke's carrier out of the car, and we walk up to the door of my place. I open the door and look down at Brooke. "Welcome Home Brookie." I say. I sit down on the couch with Lilah and Stella and take Brooke out of the carrier and place her in my arms. "She looks so much like you." Lilah says and I nod. "I see some things of Matt in her like her nose." I say and they smile. "I can't believe we are going to do these two more times in the next two months." Stella says. "Yeah, it's crazy but it'll be worth it when they all meet and become besties." Lilah says. "How did you come up with her name, like I'm assuming Amelia's after your sister." Stella asks and Lilah nods. "Well, my grandmother's name was Brooklyn, she was actually named after where she was born so I thought I would honour her and yeah Amelia is after my sister." I say and they smile. I hear a knock on the door and stand up to get it passing Brooke over to Stella. I open the door and see Amelia and Scott standing outside the door. "Oh my god, what are you guys doing here." I say giving my little sister a hug then Scott. "How are you so big." I say. "I'm five now." Amelia says and I smile before inviting them inside. "Do you want to meet your niece, Amelia." I say feeling slightly weird saying that to a five-year-old. "Yeah." She says and I walk her over to the couch where she sits down, and I pass her Brooke. "What's her name." Scott asks. "Brooklyn Amelia." I say and he smiles. "It suits her." Scott says and I smile.

AN: I hope you all liked this chapter of the story, I was reminded of Scott and Amelia from the other nights episode so I thought it was fitting to include then x :)