🌻¹⁷

The ride back to the palace was in silence, Sam was playing a math game on his ipad and Prince was on his tablet going through a few documents. Skye however, was lost in his thoughts.

"Do you think I have changed Prince?" He asked. Prince looked up from his tablet and frowned.

"Why do you ask that?"

"Benedict said I have changed and it was not a good change"

"Well....you did change. You have a child to look after and a title that you have been given. It is a lot to handle"

Skye turned to his fiancé.

"So....my change is good?"

"Yes. You are maturing. We met when we were 19 and now we're in our twenties with a kid and a job. We're bound to change"

Skye nodded. He never looked at it that way. He sighs in relief.

"I was thinking I was coming across as snobbish"

Prince shook his head.

"The other day you went to school with Sam, the people who were there described you as collected, calm and noble. Those are good characters of a queen. You were being yourself and that's what I love about you the most. Your character"

Skye blushed, feeling a sudden boost of his confidence.

"I think I get it now"

═───────◇───────═

"Mom, we really have to go"

Sarah pouted.

"Please stay until tomorrow? I get bored here, all alone" she said. Benedict held his mother's hands.

"I'll be here in two days to hang out with you and Skye at the palace, so I'll see you then"

Sarah sighed in defeat.

"I'll take what I can get. Xavier take care of my son, he's my favourite"

"I thought Johnny was your favourite" Benedict said.

"That's where you lie. I have no favourite"

"But you just said- never mind. Bye mom"

"Bye! Take care! Don't have too much rough sex"

Benedict turned around in shock.

"Mom!"

Sarah laughed her way inside the house. Xavier opened the door for Benedict and smiled at him.

"She's right you know"

Benedict gasped.

"Not you too!"

═───────◇───────═

"One macha tea and a bagel"

He smiles as the customer left a tip in the jar. Once the cafe was now empty, Corey sighed and leaned on the counter. He feels a pair of hands massage his shoulders and he smiles before standing up straight.

"I needed that"

Jonathan chuckles and lets him go.

"You sure did. You can rest up in the breakroom while I handle the front"

Corey turned around, throwing his apron over Jonathan's shoulders.

"I appreciate it boss"

"No worries"