3. The New You

''I believe Ser Criston has bloodied that white cloak of his with your bride's maidenhead.'' Joffrey sniggered

''Oh, keep your voice down.'' Laenor hissed

''This is a good thing. She knows your secret... and now you know hers.'' Joffrey offered as he moved across the floor to Criston.

"Cake my dear?" Viserys asked and Alisha nodded eagerly. She was intrigued to know what the king thought of her cake. She took a bite but watched his face. "this is wonderful." Viserys declared. "We need this chef in our kitchens, simply wonderful, don't you think Alicent?"

Alicent. She was Alicent now.

"Yes, it is wonderful, the baker is certainly talented." Alisha agreed smiling into her cake. Viserys watched her as her gaze met his again. "Do I have something on my face?"

"I don't think I have ever seen you eat cake before." Viserys realized.

"What a ludacris thought." Alisha declared. "Sweets should be eaten constantly." Alisha informed him confidently. "Maybe I take up baking and make you something wonderful."

"I would like that." Viserys agreed and Alisha took another bite licking the frosting from her lips.

''They make a handsome match, don't they?'' Joffrey questioned.

''What?'' Criston questioned turning to Joffrey.

''Well, the Princess and Ser Laenor.'' Joffrey told him smugly.  ''Ser Joffrey Lonmouth, or the Knight of Kisses, they call me, though I don't know why.'' He introduced.

'' I'm on watch. What's your business?''

''You don't know me, Ser Criston. But we are both deeply invested in this union.''

''If you have something to say, Ser Joffrey, speak it.'' Criston hissed

''Ser Laenor is quite dear to me. As I know... the Princess is to you. We should swear to each other to guard them, and their secrets, because if those are kept safe... then so are we all'' Joffrey told him.

"I like this new you." Viserys remarked grabbing Alisha's hand.

"You do?" Alisha rasped.

"I do." Viserys agreed and she didnt know what came over her but she kissed him again and felt his arms wrap around her. He was her husband now after all.

''May I, Ser Harwin?'' Daemon said stepping into his place on the dance floor.

''Of course, my Prince.'' Harwin remarked stepping away immediately. Damon moved through the crowd getting to Rhaenyra and leading her away from the center

''Is this what you want?'' Daemon asked

''I was not aware that what I wanted matter to you.' Rhaenyra countered her gaze shifting to Alisha and viserys.

'This is not for you.'' he told her ''he is a good man in a fine night he will bore you senseless.''

''Marriage is only a political arrangement I hear.'' Rhaenyra reminded him spitting his own words back at him.

"What do you say we get out of here?" Viserys questioned.

"Your daughters wedding feast?" Alisha countered smiling up at him.

"I did the spiel." Viserys reminded her.

"I'm so sorry, I didnt mean to-" Alisha began but he kissed her again.

"Lets find somewhere quiet." Viserys whispered and Alisha nodded eagerly. But screams broke out and Alisha spun around to see Criston beating Joffrey to a bloody pulp. A scream was stuck on her lips as she took a step back, Viserys kept an arm around her as he shouted for Rhaenyra.

+

"The love of the Seven is holy and eternal. The source of life and love. We stand here tonight in thanks and praise to join two souls as one." The high septon began. ''Father... Mother... Warrior... Smith... Maiden... Crone... Stranger. Hear now their vows.'' Rhaenyra stared across at a weepy Laenor, for he had just lost the true love of his life. Viserys ran a hand along Alisha's back and although Rhaenyra and Laenor seemed distraught and lacking in love, Alisha thought this might just be the best day of her whole life.

''I am yours and you are mine. Whatever may come.'' Laenor said sadly.

''I am yours and you are mine. Whatever may come.'' Rhaenyra whispered back and kissed the corner of his lips. Aisha imagined that this was her wedding, that she was saying the words. She was the queen after all but she never did get a wedding then she worried, Viserys would find out. She hadnt ever laid with a man before. Surely her body would give her away.

''Here, in the presence of gods and men, I proclaim... Laenor of House Velaryon... Rhaenyra of House Targaryen, to be man and wife. One flesh... one heart... one soul... now and forever.'' The high septon declared as Viserys collapsed to the ground before them. 

"Viserys!" Alisha declared dropping next to him.

+

Criston was going to kill himself after what he had done, the dishonor of it all. He couldn't live with himself, he placed shame upon himself and his house. Then he saw Alisha in the gardens, tears streamed down her face as she murmured nervously before she saw Criston. He dropped the blade and stood up facing her.

"Im so sorry. I keep getting turned around.'' Alisha remarked and criston stared back at her. ''They took the king- he collapsed and Im worried and they wont tell me anything. I came out for fresh air but now Im all turned about.'' Alisha whimpered bringing a hand to her head.

Clumsy and directionally challenged. Night one as a queen and her now husband might be dead and she was lost in the gardens for all eternity until the crows found her and feasted upon her rotting corpse.

''The king collapsed?'' Criston asked moving towards her.

''Yes. The princess said her vows kissed the lord and then he just..." alisha was breathing heavily as Criston moved to her. ''I'm scared," she admitted. ''This wasn't supposed to happen." She murmured her voice muffled through sobs. "He is going to be alright right?" Alisha begged. Maybe she could still make it to the docks and forget this ever happened. But she saw black sails waving in the distance. ''He is going to be alright right?''