The group were heading in one direction and that was only the main command room where they left Cody and the others. Dusty and Duster looked at them upon their arrival. Crosshair grinned at his brothers who hugged him from both sides. The elite squad was missing a member but Crosshair couldn't care, Maul could rot for all he cared wherever he was.

"So, it looks like the Elite Squad have signed off from the army. Can you confirm that Commander?" Cody directed his question to Crosshair who was leaning into Hunter's chest but facing forward. Fives turned to look at his commander as did the brothers with grins. "Yes we are. It's been officially signed" Crosshair stated, pressing into Hunter's chest for comfort. The ex-sergeant looked at him in concern as he squeezed his hip. Fives continued to grin even when Rex gave him a look. 

"So what does that mean?" Ahsoka asked, looking towards Obi-one. 

"Who do you work for now?" Obi-one asked. 

Silence filled the room as Crosshair contemplated what to say next. 

"That is Classified" a voice broke out from the doorway revealing an exhausted Fox. The man looked ready to kill on sight. He was also in charge of escorting Maul back to Crimson Dawn in exchange for Kix's freedom. Fox had just been on video call with Howzer and the two brothers were furious. Kix had been put through torture again. 

"Crosshair, a word" Fox said looking straight at the marksman who sighed, he manoeuvred himself out of Hunter's arms and followed Fox out of the room. Leaving behind the Elite Squad, Hunter and Wrecker to deal with three angry glares heading their way. Cody wasn't paying attention as he typed something on his phone.

It didn't take long for the angry marksman to reappear, Hunter took a minute to relook over his husband only to inwardly gasp. Crosshairs right knuckle was wrapped in a bandage. That wasn't there earlier. It seemed Hunter wasn't the only one to notice the injury.

"After all these years of teaching you to punch pencil! You still managed to hurt your knuckles" Fives teased earning himself a heated glare from his commander which quickly turned into a grin. Hunter and Wrecker shared a look they would never understand the behaviour of their family members. Especially Crosshair and Fives weird friendship.

"What happened?" Dusty asked, wanting an answer while his brother sat down in front of Dusty on his own phone. Duster was bored and that was never a good sign.

"Maul tried to escape, I went to punch and hit the wall instead of him. Thorn said it was bruised and not broken. But before the bastard could escape Tech took him down with one of his configured grenades. I will never understand where he hides them" Crosshair explained quietly. They all listened, including Obi-one, Ahsoka, Rex and Cody. Again, the commander ignored them all as he stared at his phone. Obi-one was concerned as Cody ignored them all.

Five anxious hours later found the Elite Squad with Fox and Howzer standing in an empty parking lot in the middle of nowhere or so others thought. As in the trees of the dark forest were the hidden bad batch members and some black suns. Wolffe was back at base to watch over the kids as he had full trust in his partner to come home safe.

Jesse was fuming he wasn't allowed to come with as was Rex and Ahsoka but Wolffe kept a strict eye on them as they were not ones for following instructions. Cody had vanished quite literally. The others were worried but Crosshair just rolled his eyes knowing exactly where the ex-commander was. 

A black suv rolled up into the empty parking lot. The door opened revealing two suited guards and one Charles Ryker who smirked at the small group. He noticed the Elite guard were there as was their prisoner Darth Maul. With a whistle Charles signalled for them to pull Kix out and when the medic appeared. Fives had to prevent himself from throwing up as a body in a bag was thrown to the floor.

"You never said alive" Charles chuckled as Crosshair stalked forward and with a knife cut the bag open. It made the batch frown and grimace especially when Crosshair only smirked. Charles chuckled looking at the dead body of a corpse in the bag. 

"Do you recognise her?" Crosshair glared at the man as he took another threatening step forward blocking Dusty and Duster from the body. Fox wore a grim expression.

"Do you wanna know how she died?" Charles said with a smile only to find a knife against his throat.

"Release Kix now or I will murder your daughter and I couldn't care less if the bitch is related to me!" Fox threatened. Charles only paled and nodded as another vehicle appeared and Kix emerged from the front car door. The medic looked bored and it almost made Fox laugh. As Darth Maul was exchanged for Kix who walked ever so slowly until he punched Maul in passing. The man grimaced but knew that was coming. Kix ignored the startled looks as he turned back to his father.

"Pleasure doing business with you, father. Say hi to mother for me" Fox mocked saluted. Charles frowned, unable to understand his middle child, not that he ever did. It only made sense as Charles drove away and the cars exploded killing its passengers. Kix moved to wrap his arms around his sons, all of them. With the exception of Thorn. 

The trip back to the base was definitely a silent one. Kix hadn't said a word and it was starting to worry them all especially Howzer as he tucked his brother into his side. Fox was on Kix's otherside. The three brothers showing public affection was rare so to see it in first person was strange to the batch who sat opposite them in the black van. 

Soon enough they arrived back at base, Kix was the first to exit. He then stalked past a startled Jesse who frowned at his partner until they heard a smack so loud it made everyone cringe. All attention focussed on Obi-one who had hit the floor hard. Kix was standing above him fuming, Obi-one’s son ran into the room. Anakin was furious. Who the hell was this man hitting his father? Obi-one noticed Anakin's look and shook his head especially when Kix dropped something in the police officer's hand. It was a golden key and Obi-one knew exactly what it was for. 

Kix stormed off following Fox towards the medical bay, the doctor ready to collapse. The two reached the medical bay only for them to run into Thorn who grimaced hugging his dad who had yet to speak a word. Together Fox and Howzer directed Kix into a private room only to find out something that almost made the two of them sick. Crosshair got called in knowing he was an expert at this sort of stuff.

The reason behind Kix's silence was because his dear old dad had sewed his lips together and it took both of his brothers and Crosshair to remove the metal wire. Once it was gone, Kix let out a broken sob reaching for Jesse who had been dragged into the room by Crosshair. The swat officer was quick to scoop up his missing husband. Kix sobbed in his partner's arms as he apologised repeatedly. Howzer was fuming but keeping his emotions in check as Fox stormed out of the room past many of them to address the black sun members.

"Find me Dooku, I don't care what it takes. Whoever finds him, tell me and I will severe off his head and feed it to his brother!" Fox commanded, the black suns all nodded moving away from the pissed off leader. A hand on his shoulder made him whip around to see Howzer, the ex-captain was quick to wrap his brother up in a hug. Fox clung to Howzer with all his might as his older brother hid him from the world. 

Jesse frowned, shielding Kix with his strong arms. The medic clung desperately to his partner. Jesse made sure to invite Thorn, Dusty and Duster to the hug. Tech and Crosshair knew they needed privacy so the twins left, leaving behind the family. Shutting the door firmly, Crosshair and Tech made their way back toward their family.

Entering a room known as the meeting room, Crosshair soon found himself shoved against the nearby wall violently.

"Hey! Get off him!" Tech cried out as his body was slammed into the wall. Looking over to his young twin Tech gasped, Skywalker had his hand firmly wrapped around Crosshairs throat, the marksman was turning blue and had the most brief look of boredom on his face.

Tech soon found his world in blackness as something hard connected with the back of his head and the last thing he heard was a groan slip from someone's mouth as he fell unconscious.

Ta Da! What did you think? Let me know in the comments below! :)
Again, thanks for all the votes, reads and comments! - It's much appreciated! Have you checked out my new book yet: It's called 'A Pain Lost In The Stars' - check it out if you haven't already. I am also working on another Bad batch modern day story but that will not be published for quite a while!
Stay Tuned for more chapters on the way within the next two weeks! Until then, Enjoy! \_(0^0)_/