𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

Začít od začátku

"Favour Ibiam, sing and stop frowning your face like someone they just served breakfast!" I could detect the trails of laughter that hung in Jimi's voice. He was clearly throwing a jab at the light-skinned girl who had her arms folded across each other underneath her chest.

She was glaring at him, for real.

I had seen her reading earlier. They've obviously interrupted her reading but then, Jimi Davies looked like he didn't give a fuck. He was watching her with this smirk that graced his ebony face.

It didn't even help that Jimi was a few seats away from her. I could only imagine the kinda frustration he put her through every day.

She flipped her braids off her shoulder and stood up. She grabbed her book and was about to storm out of the class. She stopped short when Jimi got off the desk he had gotten on earlier while dancing. The tall guy grabbed her hand, preventing her from walking further.

"Where are you now going?" He asked.

"Get your fucking hands off me!" She snapped, fuming.

"Jimi, leave her jhor. The girl go jus dey vex every time." Kes spoke up in irritation.

"Favour pepper body!" One of his other friends, Diego, teased. For once, I could say I was proud of Favour for not saying a word to his friends. She snatched her hands out of the taller guy's grip and stormed out of the class.

"Haewwwww!"

"Jimi, sorry o!"

"You thought I was feeling you?" Someone from the back seat jeered, mocking Jimi with the song that was played earlier and of course, the entire class backed him up by responding instantaneously.

"NAH!" They chorused and their mocking laughter soon filled the air.

An embarrassed Jimi put up an unaffected font and strutted to his seat, my classmates' pig-like shrieks moved in sync, resonating through the four walls of the classroom.

It made the whole thing more hilarious.

I was a laughing mess on my seat, wheezing in between. I couldn't breathe.

I stopped to catch my breath and chuckled, tucking a stray braid behind my ear, my eyes scanning the entire disorganized room in the process, instinctively locking with his grey ones.

I should look away. I knew, but I couldn't. They held me transfixed, freezing me in a place. I knew I shouldn't even spare him the littlest glance, judging by how I had been avoiding him. The plan was to avoid him at all costs. 

All it took for my solid plan to come crashing down was just a glance in his direction.

It was then I realized how hard it has been for me to have ignored him this much. It has been so hard and at some point, I was failing miserably at it. I just had to remind myself what the plan was.

"Will you invite Stefan?"

Chizaram's question found its way to my thoughts, seeping into them from where I had managed to shove it in after she had asked me at the Cafeteria. Inviting Stefan to the party meant talking to him.