𝟏𝟎 || 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬

Start from the beginning

''Miss Delgado I think it's time to go back to the house'' she said looking at me with a worried face as I sipped from my wine ''Mr. and Mrs. King will be there soon''

"Fuck them" I cut off, and she widened her eyes after my words because that was probably the last thing she expected to hear.

But still, I don't care. I'm tired of talking about this fucking family all the time.

''Miss Delgado-''

"Allyn. My name is Allyn" I interrupted her and she sighed a little, nodding. We still work on this one, but she's trying to call me by my name.

"Allyn" my name came out timidly from her lips as if she was afraid to say it "Please let's get back to the house before someone finds out about your absence. don't want to get in trouble"

"No one is going to do anything to you Lara. I won't let this happen " I said giving her a serious look she opened her mouth to say something but her eyes were drawn to someone or something behind me which put a real fear in her eyes, causing her to get up quickly from her chair.

"Mr. King" she said timidly with a trembling voice, looking at the man standing behind me and drawing the attention of the entire restaurant.

I just closed my eyes, knowing I fucked up.

I don't need to turn around to know who's standing behind me. The scent of his perfume is enough to make my whole body freeze.

"Allyn " his husky judgmental voice made me regret my choices today but it was already too late.
I got up from the chair, turning around to stand face to face with Maddox who was staring at me with narrowed coldly ice eyes and hands in his pockets.

I laughed nervously "Maddox, how unexpected to see you here" I said, trying to blur the situation, but by the expression on his face, I understood that it won't work.

To make everything worse, those 2 glasses of wine had made me slightly dizzy.

Lara's face was full of terror, avoiding Maddox's gaze, who was ready to kill me with just his eyes if that was possible.

''Just go'' he drawled, clenching his jaw, making a way for me and Lara. We both passed by him as he was walking closely behind us making the whole restaurant staring at us.

I feel terrible. I didn't want to drag Lara into this, but the last thing I expected was for Maddox to come out of fucking nowhere. How the hell did he know where I was? Is he fucking stalking me or something?

We went out in front of the restaurant and there were two black jeeps parked there, with two men standing next to one of them dressed in all black, just like Maddox.

He turned around, and looked straight at Lara " Go with them. They will take you back to the house" his voice holding anger and frustration and I could see how scared Lara was, to the point that her body was trembling.

"No" I snapped out, standing in front of her as if I can protect her from these big guys "She's coming with me"

"Stop being such a pain in the ass and for once do as you are told'' Maddox said in an annoyed voice, but I shook my head

"I won't let you do anything to her. It's not her fault, I told her to accompany me, because I was bored" I answered sincerely, trying to protect Lara, who was still trembling behind me.