𝟏𝟎 || 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬

Start from the beginning

"You won't get in trouble Lara" I assured her "Angelo said I could turn to you when I need something and now I need you to accompany me on a short walk to the mall"

Lara stared at me unsure as she played with the rag in her hand. I could see that she was really scared for some reason, but I wouldn't let anyone in this family do anything to her. She's too pure for them.

I'm Angelo's future wife and my word should count as much as his, right?

"Get dressed. I'll wait for you here" I smiled taking the rag from her hand and she looked down at her now empty hands before leaving the kitchen.

Apparently, I'm not the only one here in this house who feels like a prisoner.

The question is why?

Time does fly when you are away from this fucking mansion

Also, Lara is a completely different person now.

That's the most I've heard her talk since I met her. When we are back in the house she answers me with one or two words, but now that we are here alone she talks more in front of me. She's not scared and her voice doesn't shake when she speaks.

She even laughed a couple of times.

Also, it was the first time that I see her wearing something different than her work uniform. I can say that Lara is a really beautiful, elegant girl with a nice thin body that she's hiding under that ugly uniform.
She is stunning without even wearing makeup, but it was as if she tried in every way to hide this beauty from the world.

We walked around the city, we went to the mall. I even managed to make Lara have lunch with me, which was quite an achievement.

I wanted to show her that she can trust me and feel safe when she's with me. I can only imagine how such a young girl feels surrounded by people like the King.

I found out she's only 18 years old which makes me wonder even more what she's doing alone in this house working for these people.

But I knew that even if I asked her about it, I wouldn't get an answer so that's why I didn't even try. I did my best to distract her from her work and I think it works because that's the happiest I have ever seen her.

After all this walking around the city and the mall, we sat down in one little nice restaurant. It was close to the mall so I told myself, who not stop here before returning to this shit hole I call my home now?

Lara was sitting across from me on the table, looking down at the watch on her wrist, nervously checking the restaurant, which was full of people.

I had already drunk 2 glasses of wine and was on my third, while she only asked for water. It's not like I expected her to want to drink with me, but it was worth a shot.