EIGHT

A MUSIC VIDEO
and a new opportunity

May felt closer to James after their date— like they had an unspoken trust between them now

And James felt more comfortable around May, deciding that maybe Kendall's advice was right.

The two always found an excuse to see each other during the week. Whether it was going to the pool at the same time, playing frisbee in the park, or even getting smoothies, May always found a way to be around James.

Today, however, presented itself to be a little more difficult. May's allergies were seriously acting up, and she had a photoshoot soon.

Between the reddened face and teary eyes, May worried about what her manager would say when she showed up on set. Taking a Claritin and hoping for the best, she grabbed a garment bag and began to head for the lobby.

When the elevator dinged open, May sniffled and rubbed her red eyes, trying to look for some relief. While her sleeve was over her eyes, she bumped into someone, almost dropping her garment bag. "No!" James cried. "No,no, no! You can be in our music video!"

"What?" May asked confused. "Thanks? I was just on my way to a shoot. The pollen count is so high today."

The three boys sent glares to James, making May confused by their behavior and shrugging it off as she headed for the car.

Shooting didn't last too long, and the Claritin helped enough for the makeup artist to fix the rest. She really liked the brand— it was called DITSY and they made some really cool pieces. After May complemented the designer, she was enthralled and let the girl keep all the pieces she modeled.

After about four hours, they wrapped up, and her manager Bridget took her out to get some lunch.

"How do you feel about Juicy Couture?" Bridget suddenly asked, looking up from her Blackberry, and catching May off guard.

Putting down her lemon water, May smiled. "They're track suits are super cute—"

"They're interested in you modeling for them," Bridget continued. "They saw your headshots and want you to do some camera tests this weekend."

"Really!" May was ecstatic. "That's so cool! I would love too."

Juicy Couture was a super popular brand, and her getting her name out there could lead her to so many bigger things— like Victoria Secret, or Chanel, or Yves Saint Laurent. Giddy with her childlike joy, when she returned to the Palm Woods she held the biggest smile.

"What's got you all smiley?" Katie Knight glanced at her.

"I booked a shoot with Juicy Couture," she gushed. "Is this day good luck or what?"

"Cool! Can you get me one of their tote bags?"

"Totally."

"Oh, by the way, Bitters is totally aggravating today," Katie mentioned, peeking May's interest.

"In what way?"

"He won't let anyone play in the park because his new car it taking up the whole thing!" She explained, obviously frustrated with the dilemma.

May sighed, "let's get rid of it," and Katie beamed at her quick agreement.

Before they could begin to hatch a plan, May noticed the boys walking into the lobby looking dejected. "Where have you been?" James exclaimed.

"I had a shoot—"

"She's modeling for Juicy Couture!" Katie exclaimed, making James's jaw drop.

"It's just a test shoot—"

"What's Juicy Couture?" Carlos asked, confused.

"Juicy Couture! The casual luxury brand for women's athletic and lifestyle apparel!" James exclaimed, making everyone send him unsure looks on how he recited all that. "What!? I know fashion!"

"Yeah... sorry I missed your guys video. How did it go?"

"Awful," Kendall slumped in remembrance. "Gustavo said we couldn't have you guys in our video. "

"So we put on this entire charade to trick everyone and their parents into thinking they had acting jobs," Logan shamefully admitted.

"And now Gustavo's directing our video," James deflated too.

"What about Marcos?" May asked— the boys looking at her in confusion. "He just moved into the Palm Woods, he's a director."

As she pointed over the the man walking through the lobby, an idea finally sprung. "Marcos!" They exclaimed, and the man perked up at his name.

"Yes, Marcos is here," he says, coming over to them. "May!" The director and model shared their European style cheek kiss, the boys in confusion of how they know each other.

"Hi Marcos!" May greeted.

"Ah! You're clothes look so pretty, pretty," he complimented. "They would photograph on camera very nice!"

"Thank you," she accepted his praise— seeing as she had just come from a shoot.

"How do you two know each other?" James asked.

"May! Everyone knows May!" Marcos brushed off. "But speaking of what everyone knows, it's that your video needs help! Flash party was inspired, but what you need is a pretty, pretty roof!"

"And it's your dream to direct the music video, right?"

"And everybody is... no, no, no. Marcos just needs one... Yes."

"Yes!" They all chorused making Marcos inflate with elation.

"Okay. Now Marcus needs a camera, lights. You in pretty clothes. All of the crew and the equipment and a pretty, pretty car—"

Marcos was interrupted by a lady coming up to the band. "Hey, guys," she started. "We're shooting the video at 9:00 A.M. at colossal studios. Bring your smiles, wear these... And you can't direct. Gustavo is."

"Okay, I know where we can get our lights, camera, and crew. And... we have the clothes. But we still need a pretty pretty car."

"Wait... you guys need a car," May asked mischievously, remembering what Katie told her moments ago. "Bitters has a brand new one parked in the Palm Woods Park!"

"Perfect! Thanks May!" All the boys chorused, grabbing onto Marcos and running away— laughing May shook her head and went to bring up her new clothes to her apartment.

Now that she finally had a calm rest of the day, she went to hang out with Jo and Camille and hope that she can get away from any crazy schemes, pollen, and Carlos's weird hypnotizing trick until at least tomorrow morning.