THREE .2

NEW FRIENDS
and ghost hunting

NEW FRIENDSand ghost hunting

"Okay. So far we've thrown water balloons in the park, played hide and go seek in the lobby, played tag in the elevators, nerf guns by the pool, and prank called all the stores in the area! What's next?" Gustavo asks May, who is slumped over on a chair in the lobby.

"Slow your roll Gus-Gus Goose," May says, rubbing her forehead. "Remember what I said— it's all about balance. We've had tons of fun, but now it's time to work."

"But I don't wannaaaaa," Gustavo whines, plopping into the chair next to her. "All my dogs are avoiding me like the plague, and I thought I was gonna get quality time with them hanging out and playing games."

"I get it, Gustavo, I do," May sympathizes. "But you're dogs are gonna be sent back to Minnesota unless they have an album— one with songs that you have to write."

"I knowwww," he whines again. "I just wish I had a redo button, you know? Got to do my childhood over again. Maybe even make a friend."

"Gustavo," May claps her hands. "Snap out of it!"

Gustavo looks at her and she stands firmly in front of him. "No one gets redos— though I'm sure everyone wants one some time or another. But that's not how it works. All you have is this moment, and what you make of it!" She tries to shake him back to reality. "Just because you're not a kid anymore doesn't mean you can't have fun. We played tons of games yesterday! But now it's time to get to work. Your mansion is unflooded, and you need to write a song!"

"You're right," the man stands now too. "And I did make a friend," he goes to shake her hand. "Thank you, May. This is a memory I will never forget. I guess I have to go pack my things."

"Visit soon!" May calls to him, smiling at her successful job in making the producer happy and getting him to work again.

Seeing Carlos and Logan head down to the lobby, with their camera yet again, May approaches the two. "So, haven't caught that ghost yet? I'm dying to know, is it real or not?"

"Oh it's real alright," Carlos says, a glimmer in his eye. "And we're gonna catch it. Tonight."

"With a fishing net?" Logan asks.

"An ecto-net fishing net," Carlos corrects— making the two go back and forth about what type of net it really was.

"Guys!" May interrupted. "Doesn't matter what type of net it is, it's useless unless we can get the ghost trapped."

"We? You're gonna help us?" Carlos asked hopefully.

"Sure," May shrugs. "I seem to be pretty good at helping recently."

"Well then maybe you can help us!" Kendall storms over to the girl. "Gustavo is driving us nuts! And we need to get him back to his mansion."

"Oh I already—"