TWO

The New Girl is Real
and a mishap with a blogger

It was approaching mid-afternoon when May found herself going down to the Palm Woods pool to try and meet new friends that weren't the Jennifers, or the strange boy who couldn't so much as speak a word to her

When she passed the threshold, from the lobby to the swim area, a boy blasted into the pool on roller skates that had rockets duck taped to them, destroying his camera.

The people around him gasped, as he looked at his camera completely waterlogged, but May observed that no one had gone to help him— so she rushed to his aid.

"Are you alright!?" The girl asked urgently, lending a hand for the boy, to help him out of the pool. As he climbed out, he quickly forgot he was wearing skates and slid all over the concrete before grasping onto the girl and inevitably soaking her with chlorine water.

He cringed as she helped him onto a chair. "Sorry!" He kept saying every time he slipped up, and it made May giggle. "Oh no... I ruined your clothes. I'm so sor—-" he cut himself off as he finally made eye contact with the girl and saw who she was.

His face dropped quickly. James wasn't lying, there was a new girl, and she was gorgeous. "Don't worry!" May told him, trying to help him get the skates off before he fell once again. "What we're you even trying to do?" She questioned unsure.

"Well, I wanted to show off my rocket skates, but I kinda ruined the camera," the boy said, holding up the destroyed piece of technology, while shooting her a cheap, dime store grin.

Nodding, like she understood, though she didn't, May sent him a kind smile back anyway. "Sorry it didn't work out," she told him, finally yanking the second skate off of his foot before standing up. "I'm May, by the way. I'm new here," she gave her hand for him to shake.

"May!" He said like he realized something, but then noticed the strange look she was giving him. "I'm Carlos," he corrected quickly. "I think you met my friend James yesterday."

Furrowing her eyebrows she thought back to the boy at the park, connecting the dots, and then awed in realization. "Ohh... so James is his name," she said softly. "Yeah he didn't say much to me. Just kinda ran away."

"What!" Carlos jumped up, confused. "I mean, um, no. That doesn't sound like James. See cause you're pretty— like really pretty, and James when he—" he spoke so fast that his words jumbled together, and May couldn't keep up.

"Maybe he was having a bad day?" May suggested, with a shrug. "I mean he looked kind of nervous, and he was stuttering an awful lot. He could have just been having a moment," she continued kindly, but Carlos smirked at this new information.

Did he really just learn that his best friend, James, stuttered around a girl? He was gonna get his friends to harp on him about it, and never let it go. Considering it payback for when they inevitably laugh at him for destroying the camera in the pool.