rescue operation goes very wrong?

Things were back to...normal? As normal as living with people who are thought to be dead or missing could be. It was annoying at first, getting used to their dynamics and a baby who refused to leave her side even when she showered, but Evelyn managed. She avoided over explaining her situation with Regulus, only giving out the key points saying how he helped the Order with missions or important information. Other than that, she avoided. Evelyn was vague about it all, even if they know how bad things got out there, she still tried to reassure them things weren't that bad. Which they were, but Evelyn won't be saying that to them.

She tried writing to Regulus as well, but—he... well, it was difficult since he somehow became untraceable. Any owl or message she sent, they came back to her not even five minutes later, as if his magic was suddenly gone, like he disappeared. She knows he's not dead. The Daily Prophet likes to speak about him too much, just yesterday it was mentioned how attended some dinner from the Ministry so it's not possible for him to be gone. 

Evelyn also gave Healer training a chance, writing back to Miriam Strout about the possibility. She got an instant response about how it would be a delight to have her with them starting the next day. They know it's a risk, considering not so long ago she was proclaimed as a number one public enemy, but from the looks of it St.Mungo's is in desperate need of Healers.

"Do you think I look appropriate?" Evelyn asked when she walked in the room, looking down at the lime green robes she was sent for her to wear. They were a bit too big for her, looking like they consumed her entire body but she had been too shy to ask for a smaller size and no charm or spell worked on them.

Remus spat his coffee in a laugh once he saw her, causing Sirius to let out a bark-like-laugh which then made Harry fall into giggles as well.

James wasn't kind either, with a devilish smile he said, "You look like a grandma."

Lily grimaced, shaking her head in disapproval. "You look—good? Have you tried transfiguring them?"

"It didn't work." Evelyn whined, falling dramatically on a chair. "I will be the laughingstock on my first day."

"You will be wiping the floor with those pants." Said Lily with a badly hidden chuckle.

"You know, I've always thought she looked too prude to be true," Sirius said to Remus, James nodding along like he always has done with whatever Sirius said. "Now I know she's been fucking my baby brother since they were thirteen!"

Evelyn gasped loudly. It's been constant banter the week she has stayed with them, never letting Sirius comments get to her because she knows that's how he is, so she just goes along with it. "That's such nonsense, why do you always have to exaggerate everything? We started dating when I was fifteen! A perfectly normal age thank you very much."

"There's nothing about you that's normal."

"Fuck you. You degenerate inbreed that likes d—"

"You do know you are insulting Reggie as well, right?"

At this Evelyn gaped, realizing he had been right and instead took a hard bite out of a piece of toast. Damn the Black's and their weird behaviors.

"You know, the girls and I thought Regulus was dating that Crouch guy." Lily noted out of the blue.

"Perhaps they had threesom—" James suggested with a smirk.

Evelyn threw her toast on the table, standing up and making the chair fall behind her. "I'm out."

"Wait! The picture," James followed her out of the room, holding a muggle camera. "Mum and dad would have been so proud." Evelyn smiled sadly back at him, waiting for the picture to be taken and being blinded by the flash of it. James' smile slowly fell as he watched the photo slowly come out, sharing a bittersweet moment as they reminisced their parents. Evelyn knows James still has a hard time accepting their death's, and with Harry being born a few months later he didn't really get the time to properly mourn. She knows for sure her parents would have loved and spoiled him to no end. "I would offer to go and pick you up but you know—we're dead and everything."