"All of you, back to your shacks now, or so help me." I yelled out in the silence, dropping Lo'ak's arm and letting him fall to the ground. I watched as Kiri helped up her two brothers, before grabbing my own and dragging him back to our shack.

"You are so dead, Aonung."

⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩

"What happened to your brother, Fao?" My mum angrily asked me, and I shrugged my shoulders. "I wasn't there for the entirety of it, but from what I heard, he was teasing the Sully's." I assumed, sticking out my tongue at my older brother, who was shocked that I had snitched on him.

My mum sighed, pushing a grumbling Aonung to sit down so she could tend to his wounds. I was ready to leave the shack, when she spoke. "I expected better from you Fao. Older sister or not, you should've been there to defend your brother. I'm disappointed." My mum didn't even both to look at me, focusing only on my brother and I pursed my lips.

"Whatever." Was all I said before I stormed out of the shack. As I neared the water, I made the clicking sounds to alert my ilu of my arrival, and the second she emerged from the water, I jumped on her back and made the Tsaheylu.

My face was in a permanent scowl, and as I moved fast through the water I tried to get my mothers words out of my head.

I expected better from you.

I'm disappointed.

Sometimes parents' logic makes 0 sense to me-- how was I getting in trouble, when Aonung was the one picking fights with our guests? Yes, maybe I wasn't the nicest to them, but I never got proper physical.

As my ilu floated idly on top of the water, I slammed an angry hand on the wet surface of the sea, not caring for the harsh water that flew in my eyes.

"Are you mad you couldn't get a punch in?" A voice asked from behind me, and I nearly screamed in annoyance. It seemed as though I couldn't catch a break, and instead had Neteyam following me everywhere I went like a lost puppy.

I turned my ilu and grabbed so harshly on her handle, my knuckles turned white. "Leave me alone." I weakly said, but I was too pissed to be embarrassed.

It was silent as I stared Neteyam down, waiting for him to get bored or even scared and to just leave.

I didn't come out here to talk, and I especially didn't come out here to talk to him.

"What happened?" Was all he asked, and I threw my hands up in exasperation, him obviously not getting the memo.

"Was it about the fight?" Her further pushed and I pursed my lips at him.

"It's nothing, can we drop this?" I asked, and he sighed and shook his head, the beads around his neck moving with him.

But in seconds his demeanour changed, and a smile lit up his face. "On one condition."

I look at him expectantly and he motioned to the ilu he was unsurely seated on.

"You teach me how to ride — good."

1649 words.

A/N
How was this chapter? They're finally talking more and opening up a little bit <3 Though their progress isn't major, a win is a win imo.

ALSO!

I plan on writing a Lo'ak x OC or reader ff, obviously not now but soon, so any ideas are welcome :))))

And pls let me know of any mistakes in my story i rarely proof read 😭

I hope this chapter was up to your standards !

Don't forget to share and vote, and I hope you all enjoyed and I'll see you next chapter. ✩

 ✩