Chapter 31: Athena

*****

"URGHH!!!" the king of Olympus shouted as his hands went to his head.

"My king, are you alright?" his wife, Hera, the goddess of marriage and queen of Olympus, asked. Her eyes bearded with concern and panic.

"NO!!" Zeus shouted then scream in pain once again. "My head's hurt. It's hurt. IT'S HURT!!"

Hera doesn't know what to do at this point. It's started a few weeks ago. Her husband always groaning and complaining about his headache. Then this morning, Hera wakes up with Zeus tossing around, screaming with agony, pulling his hair out. She thinks his pain has now reached the end and she fears her husband will go insane. Well, he is now going insane.

"Stop the pain! Stop! Make it stop!!" Zeus shouted and a thundered roar outside.

Hera looked outside and her eyes widened. The sky got darkened and the winds went wild. Not wanting thousands of people dying, she put a hand on her husband's shoulder and teleported them to the Council Chamber.

They ended up in the middle of the room, with Zeus still clutching his head and kneeling on the ground. Hera moved closer to him and gathered him in her arms, stroking his arm comfortingly.

The queen of the gods raised her hand while her other hand stay draping around her husband and fired a beam of light above and it exploded when it reached the ceiling.

In a matter of time, several flashes appeared in the council chamber. The others had frowns on their faces, while the others are irritated

"Why did you summon us, sister?" Poseidon asked with a calm face but you could well see the irritation in his eyes.

"Zeus—" Hera was cut off by another scream from her husband.

Everyone looked at the man beside her and just noticed the king of the gods. The others gasped while the others were frozen.

"What happened to him?" Demeter asked while frowning, concern evident in her eyes. Though the man did unspeakable things to her, he's still her brother, and she loves him dearly.

"I— I don't know... It started a few weeks ago, and it now got worst. I don't know what to do to help him stop the pain. That's why I summoned you. Maybe you can make his headache stop," Hera said, panicked and concern can be heard in her voice.

Everyone didn't say anything but just looked at the god of the sun who now had his fingers to his chin.

"Well, let's see..." Apollo hummed, "Maybe the king got a transmutable disease? After all, he got dozens of women in a bed..."

"Or..." Hermes said, "He overpopulated the river Styx now that the goddess has been so angry and decided to punish him."

"Maybe..." Apollo nodded slowly, "Or..."

"Oh, cut it out, both of you," Artemis chastised the two. The gods opened their mouths but then closed at the glare of the moon goddess. "Apollo looked over father."

Apollo nodded. He walks towards the king and held his arms. Lights comes out of his palms and went through Zeus's body as if scanning him. Looking for what caused Zeus's headache.

"Hmmm... Strange..." he muttered to himself, but the others still pick it up. The light on his palm disappears and the same hand went under his chin, stroking his fingers with his imaginary beard. His other hand crossed against his chest, "There's nothing wrong with him. He is perfectly healthy. I also didn't sense or find any stress in him. So what has been the cause of it?"

The other gods were in deep thought, thinking about any possibilities of what's the problem with the god of the sky.

Hera looked at her husband before she turned to the god of the sun, "Can you heal him even though you don't know what's the problem?"