Chapter 13: Show off

*****

The hunters are constantly firing arrows, leaving the monsters to nothing but a pile of golden dust. The others choose to fight the monsters in close combat using their hunting knives.

Artemis slashed through monster after monster, then a hellbound leaped through her, her hunting knives disappeared as her bow and arrow replaced it then she fired, striking the hellbound straight to its heart. Suddenly a huge shadow appeared in front of her, Artemis turned around just in time as the cyclop was about to smash down its club. Artemis rolled to the side to avoid the attack, then she summoned her hunting knives again and charged through the cyclop.

Thalia droved her spear straight to the dracaena's heart then she spun around to give a round kick an empousa before jabbing her to death. Thalia turned around then she was greeted by the fangs of a succubus, she immediately ducked then gave an uppercut to the succubus then Thalia drove her spear through the succubus' neck.

"Why whores keep coming at me?" Thalia muttered to herself exasperatedly, before charging again.

Three cyclops surrounded Artemis, as she slowly turns around eyeing them warily. She jumped off the way when one of the cyclops attack her with its hand. She fired two arrows, one went straight through its eyes while the other one went through its heart, the cyclops let out a painful scream before it dissolve into golden dust. She rolled as the other cyclop smashed its club, but the moment Artemis stood up she was caught up by the other cyclop's club that made her send away. Artemis landed on the ground hard. 

Artemis cursed as she stood up but her legs gave up making Artemis kneel on one knee. She grunted as she subconsciously turned her head. Then Artemis felt like her pain disappeared when her eyes landed on Percy. 

Artemis confusedly tilted her head while watching the god of time play chess with a monkey in front of him as his opponent.

"Ha! Checkmate!" Percy said as he place his queen. The monkey looked at Percy then smirked as its rook ate the queen and at the same time made him checkmate. Percy looked around the board trying to look how his king will escape but when he saw none, he slumped his shoulder defeatedly. The monkey let out a laugh while pointing at Percy.

"Let's play another game!" Percy challenged then pointed at the smirking monkey. 

Artemis shook her head and decided to ignore the god and return to the battlefield.

Above the tree were the Elites, watching the battle while cheering and shouting.

"That's right girl! Sliced her throat!" Alex shouted when one of the hunters drove her hunting knives through the neck of empousa.

"Urghhhhh!!! I want to fight!" Cassandra yelled in frustration.

"I feel you," Blaze said patting Cassandra at her back.

"Woah! Guys, look at that Liane!" Cyrus said then everyone followed where he is pointing. They saw the huntress going all out, jumping, rolling, leaping at great speed as she slashed her hunting knives leaving a trail of golden dust. Liane turned around when she heard the Elites call her name. She grinned when she saw the Elites cheered at her, then she bowed down before going back to killing monsters.

"That hunter— what's her name again? Ah yes, Phoebe! Looked at her!" Felix said everyone followed where he is pointing. They saw the daughter of Apollo running and jumping through trees while firing five arrows at the same time. Phoebe halted when she heard her name being called. Phoebe looked up then she saw the Elites cheering at her. She rolled her eyes and continued firing. While she approved Percy that doesn't mean that she also approved of his male champions. But while firing a small smile crept on her face as she still hear the Elites cheering at her.