Chapter 23: Hey, Soul Sister

*****

"Urghhh... Why is my head still hurting now?" Matilda massaged her temple while her eyes were closed tightly. "It's been freaking 15 hours!"

"My head felt like splitting into two," Akira groaned as she covered her face with her hand as she leaned against a tree.

"See! You two are weak..." Alex stopped as she hold it and lowered her head. Everyone stared at them blankly.

"That's what you will get if you repeat again what you did," Thalia crossed her arms.

"Hmmm... Are you going to drink that much again?" Atalanta asked, arching her eyebrow. The three demigods shook their heads.

"Good," everybody said simultaneously. Everyone turned their head when they heard someone was approaching them.

"Does any of you see Perseus?" the moon goddess asked, looking anywhere but them. They noticed the small blush tinted the goddess' cheek. The Elites smirked while the Hunters raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. He went there, said that he's in patrol," Felix said pointing in the direction where the god of time went. He looked at Artemis teasingly. Artemis nodded then walked towards where Felix pointed.

"Someone is crushing," Cassandra smirked looking at the slowly disappearing figure of the moon goddess.

"Well if Lady Artemis going to fall someone, Perseus is the right one," Rielle said with a small smile. There's silence between them for a moment when Tanya broke it.

"What now?" Tanya looked around. Then a guitar played. Everyone turned to Cyrus whos now holding a guitar, beside him is Felix that now sitting in a beatbox.

"How about we sing?"

***

Artemis let a sigh of relief when she spotted Percy. She was about to call him when Percy spoke.

"How's the camp?" Perseus asked. Artemis frowned.

'Who he is talking to?' Artemis asked herself. 

"Everything is fine," a feminine voice said. The moon goddess leaned her back against the tree to hide.

'Who is this woman?' Artemis asked again. Her blood boiled at the thought of Percy talking to another woman.

"There was some problem but aside from that nothing that is too serious, except to the monsters that constantly attacking the camp. But the campers could stand their ground against them."

"Hmmm... And the Alphas?" Percy asked the woman.

"Doing great. They were practicing every day. Sparing with each other. But Achilles is the one who always wins," the woman said with a hint of pride. 

Percy chuckled. "For sure, you were proud of him."

"Of course, I am! He is—" the woman cut off when a sound of flapping wings, then the surrounding lighten for a second before it faded.

"Percy," a man spoke. Artemis raised an eyebrow.

'And whos the Hades is this man?' Artemis thought.

"Hey, honey," the man said. Then she heard the sound of being smacked. "Aww!" the man yelped.

"No. Not here. Are you not seeing? Percy is here," the woman scolded. 

'Maybe they're lovers?' Artemis thought and sighed in relief.

"What news did you bring?" Percy asked.