Chapter 10: Oh mom

"Bye Calum" I smiled.

"Bye, I love you." He said.

"Love you too." I walked to the car and opened the door.

"Young lady, what in the world were you thinking?!" She yelled at me.

Time to put my acting skills to work.

"Mom, it want my fault. I was just talking and she came at me. I didn't do anything." I said innocently.

"Talking to Calum! How many times have I told you to stay away from him?!" She yelled and started the engine.

"He's just a friend. Nothing else. And what if we were something. Whats wrong with him?!" I began to lose my temper but had to contain myself.

"He's a trouble maker! I don't want you hanging out with him, he will ruin our families reputation." She said driving.

Our families reputation. That's all I hear. I honestly don't care anymore. Well, I do but I think since I'm 16, maybe I should be able to hang out with friends, other than sons and daughters of your friends, and have a boyfriend.

"Yes mom, I understand. I'm sorry." I bit my tongue holding back my anger.

For the rest of the car ride, my mom kept talking about her jewelry business. I was so tired of listening to her but I couldn't say anything.

*ding

I got a text.

"Who's that?" My mom asked suspiciously.

I looked down. It was Leo.

"Oh it's just Leo. A friend in my English class." I said.

"Leo who? I have a business friend who has a son named Leo." She said.

" Leo John. And no mom, we are just friends." I said annoyingly. Leo is a great guy but I have the feeling I have when I'm with Calum.

Crystal: hey

Leo: where are you? I'm in the cafeteria and I don't see you. I was going to help you with the ELA hw.

Crystal: I got sent home early because I got into a fight. But maybe you could come over tonight

I really need help on my homework.

Leo: yea sure. I'll see you later.

"Leo is coming over to help me with homework." I said

"Oh great! We could have dinner together." She said excitedly.

"Mom, he's just helping me with homework." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh please, I want yall to hang out more." She smiled. We got to the house.

"Ok, whatever mom." I said and got out of the car.

*when Leo arrives*

*Mrs. Smith (Crystal's mom) POV

"Hello Leo, aren't you Marisa Johns son?" I greated him.

"Oh yes mam. You know my mom?" He smiled.

"Oh yes. Me and your mom are good friends. Our companies work together." I smiled, "Crystal is upstairs. And would you stay and have dinner with us? And maybe ask your parents to come over? " I asked.

"Sure, that sounds great but my parents are on a business trip but I can stay." He said.

I smiled. "Bury, can you please call Crystal to take him upstairs." I asked her.

"Yes mam" bury said and called crystal.

Crystal came down stairs.

"Hey Leo." She said, "do you want anything to eat before we do homework?" She asked him.

"He's going to eat dinner with our family later honey." I smiled at her and telling her to act her best.

"Oh, yea, I forgot." And tried to smile.

"Yall two go upstairs and study." I smiled and lead him upstairs.

Crystal and him went upstairs.

"Bury, make steak with lobster tonight. We have a special guest.", I smirked. If they start going out, it will help my business out so much. "Now I must go get ready."

*Crystals POV

"So I don't get this." I showed him my paper.

"Oh, all you have to do is identify the figure of speeches and combine as many of them as you can." He said and explained more.

"Oh ok." I did one problem, "like this?" I asked,

" Yeah, that's perfect." He smiled.

*Leo's POV

She was beautiful. I wanted to lean in and kiss her but i know she only thinks of me as a friend.

"Oh ok, thanks." She continued working on it. "So how has your day been?" She asked.

"It's been great. And yours?" I asked, I couldn't stop staring at her.

"Oh that's great. And I mean I got into a fight but pretty good today." She smiled at me.

*ding

She got a text message from Calum. I saw it read, "wanna sneak out tonight 😉"

*Crystals POV

Crystal: I sorry babe, mom is making me stay home and Mom invited Leo over for dinner.

Calum: Leo is at your house?

Crystal: yes, but only to help me on homework. You know I only love you 😘

Calum: good 😘 I love you too. But Igtg.

"Sorry, Calum texted me." I said.

"Oh no problem. " he smiled.

We continued to do homework until mom called us down for dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi guys!! It's been sooo long since I've updated and I'm sorry this chapter isn't really interesting. But thank you so much for almost 2k reads! 😘 also leave some comments plz for what could happen next because I'm kind of running out of ideas for the next chapter 😐.

Anyways, vote and comment plz! Thxs!

❤️,
Crystal
P.S. You should check out my other books :)