Chapter twelve

Sorry for the late update ya'll, I've been busy. This is the last part of the past guys! Kevin will be soon making an entry into the present. Anticipate!!!!!.

Past

As seconds made minutes and minutes formed hours, hours formed days, and gradually, weeks. Molly had slowly began to accept that she wasn't going to meet Kevin and grew to face the fact that he had no role to play in her adoption. She got enrolled to school and she adjusted to her new parents quite well.

Little by little, they developed a bond. She did miss her parents and Huggins and Kevin, but the new found love she developed for her new parents kept her going. Anytime she took a major step in life, she clutched the locket her parents gifted her on her eighth, which had memories of her life before the orphanage, for some kind of moral support.

"Take care of yourself Molly. We're going to really really miss you", her mom said amidst tears as she broke down into Mollys arms. They remained entangled in an intimate hug as they sobbed. "Enough, enough already ladies. Youre gonna make your old man cry too", her dad said and they pulled away. He hugged Molly briefly as well. "Dear, be careful out there. Life can be a bed of roses, but remember, even roses have thorns", he said and packed Molly's last baggage into the cab. "Bye mom, bye dad. I love you guuuyyss". Molly screamed as the cab drove off.

It was an emotional moment for the Moon's as they watched their only daughter leave them. Molly had finally completed college and was going out of town to get a good paying job and experience what life actually is. After settling down in New York, Molly searched for a job. It was hard and tough until she met Nick.

He was just a year older than her and as time elapsed, they grew fond of each other and even moved into the same hostel at the same time, just to be close enough to each other. He was like the brother she never had and if she had to be honest, at times, the way he cared for her reminded her of her best friend.

With Nicks help, Molly finally secured a job at KEMO's to personally assist the all too famous Mr. Mchenzie. Securing the job at the law firm sent Molly straight up to cloud nine, and if there's anyone claiming to be the happiest person at that moment, he or she was just speaking in the face of facts.

End of past. Lets take a dive into the present guys. Lets see what's cooking.

present

A fair, thick, tall, broad chested and muscular man with blond hair, curled in all directions wrapped his arms around his not so tall, moderately built fair Nick whose faded brown hair was neatly combed backwards. "Happy anniversary ones again hun", Evans said as he kissed Nicks hair and patted it. Nicks was comfortably resting on his hard broadened torso as they sat in the sofa, engulfed in a cuddle.

They were in Nicks apartment, spending the rest of the day doing 'Netflix and chill'. Nick checked his phone for the third time that evening and sighed heavily. "You keep glancing at your phone time and again. Are you expecting a call or something?", Evans said worriedly. After Nick left Molly, she had told him she had plans with Pedro and that was far back in the morning. It was now late evening and he hadn't head from her neither did he hear her door creak pen or anything. He was worried sick, but then again, *she always gets carried away when it's about Pedro*. He thought and tried to let go the angst he felt.

*************************************************

"Ouch!", Molly winced in pain as she saw light again after being blindfolded for God knows how long. Her blurry vision cleared up little by little as she strained to focus her lens on her surroundings. "Where am I?", she asked a man from a distance as she examined the room.

The room was actually empty and void, aside the chair she sat on, herself and the man refusing t answer her. There was no proper ventilation. Only a high tiny window which was the only source of sunlight. As  she scanned the armor green room with vibrant black tiles, she realized the window was far too high and too small, even if she attempted an escape, she'd fail.

"Excuse me, where are we?", she asked the man again. She was getting impatient, she has always been and shehated it when she was ignored b men especially, reason, unknown let's just say she wasmade that way. The man, clad in a black suit and dark shades stood aimlessly bythe door, staring right at Molly but said nothing. "HELLOOO? I am talking t'you here" she said loudly and attempeted to move herself in her chair but the new found love between her body and the chair with ropes as their mediator, made it difficult as she hopped in every direction she could, causing so much cacophony.

"Hey woman! (she stopped immediately his hoard voice bounced off the walls to her ears) Be careful there and stop the drama", he said, fully irritated by Mollys actions. Molly cocked her head to her side dramatically and let out a slight laugh. "Oouuu, so you can talk?..................I was starting to think you were deaf and probably dumb", she retorted and giggled. Annoyed, the man unlocked the heavy Chinese door and was about to leave. "Heeeeyyy! You didnt answer meWHERETHE HELL ARE WE?".

"Where are we? Knowing the location is not going to get you out of here so just shut the hell up and quit moving", he said and scowled at her intensely. "Since its not going to get me out of here...you can just tell me. You know, theres nothing to lose on your and...come oonnn".

Annoyed, the man walked out slamming the door. *Geez, hes so annoying. He's just dumb*, she thought and rolled her eyes. The man returned immediately and taped her mouth through her struggles. "Hmmm hmmmm hmm mmmmmmmm", were the only sounds that came outta Molly, who was fuming when she tried to speak. "There", the man said, a smirk washing across one corner of his lips. "I'll see you later", he added and left the room, locking it behind him. Sounds of a burglar proof was heard across the door. *Do they really think I can escape with all these ropes? Damn all their shitty security, I'm even sure they have a camera hidden here somewhere.

Molly sat there, breathing hard and recovering from the earlier struggle. Now she thought, *how did I end up here? * . Flashbacks of the messages and how she lost consciousness suddenly rushed through her mind. *Damn! What'll Pedro have gone through realizing I never returned*, and that's when she realized all her accessories had been ripped off her; bracelets, watch, purse, shoes and her necklace. "My necklace", she said, more like a whisper, which only came out as "hm hmmm" through the tape. *I hope it's safe and sound* she thought.

The sound of the burglar proof being dragged along the floor and sounds of locks woke Molly from her slumber. Five men walked in in sync, all clad in a similar suit as the other guy, with black shades n as well. They stood opposite each other in a weird pattern and looked straight ahead to walls in their front. A man in a white tuxedo and a pair of grey pants with dark brown hair walked in right between the five men. *Oh, so is it some kind of welcome pattern? He seems like the boss*, she thought as she observed how the five men acted in his presence and avoiding a straight gaze at him.

"Take of the tape, she owes me some answers", he said and the guy who was with Molly earlier on walked up to her and freed her bright pink rosy lips, which felt nothing, but pain, after the swish movement of the tape. "Can't you be gentle?!", she yelled at him and licked her slightly swollen lips. "Miss Molly (he paused dramatically and smirked evilly) Molly....... oh right you .......changed it.....I suppose you're now....Moon hm....SO Miss Molly Moon, if you want to leave here unharmed, just give me the damn answers to my questions.......First off, I know you know about that..."

..That. what? Hoping to upload as much as I can. What do they want from innocent Molly? Can be brave like Molly, questioning your abductor like you hired them,? Shes doesnt care. What do you think Mchenzie might be planning? And Pedro? Is he okay? Or hes freaking out like Nick? Let me know your thoughts in the comments. Dont forget to vote, and share. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

#Sal😍🥰❤️