Chapter two

Past
Molly sat in the corner of her room with her head buried into her folded knees as she sobbed. Huggins entered and sat next to her, encircling her in an embrace. She sobbed harder. " Molly dear, what's wrong? (Silence) were you bullied?" After minutes of no response, he gave up and left her, wanting to give her some space.

"I just hope she hasn't found out from an outsider. She's unprepared for this." He said to himself as he approached the door🚪. "Is she okay dad?" Kevin asked him as he appeared in the living room. He touched his head and in a low and calm tone said to him "She needs space Kevin, let her be for a while". "But dad, I'm worried here". "Kevin, you're not going anywhere near her now, it's a matter of few minutes, just sit down and wait without any protests". Kevin laid in the sofa as he scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest, trying to make Huggins aware of how displeased he was with his decision.

After minutes of silence, Huggins was deep in thoughts. Kevin realized his dad's situation and taking advantage, he sneaked into their room( his and Molly's). Knowing his dad could realize his disappearance, he secured the lock 🔐 of the door.
He rushed to Molly and sat across her. He felt so 😔 💔as he saw his best friend looking so pale.

He was an emotional little thing and in few minutes, he began to cry😭 too causing Molly to snap up her head. She saw how he cried like a hungry baby and she wanted to laugh. But seeing how sad he looked all she did was wipe her own tears and hug 🤗 her friend. He returned the hug and sobbed into her flattened chest. "You're such a cry baby" she said to him clearing his tears and pinching 🤏 his cheeks slightly in the process. " what'd you expect? You were crying so much and I didn't know how to make you stop, so I had to join you"he replied in a shaky tone as he pouted his lips. "Hihihihi" .

Molly's laughter echoed in the room, waking Huggins from his world to reality. * was that Molly?* he thought, wondering how come. "Oh I see" he said to himself upon realizing Kevin was not with him.
"Now.. tell me what's wrong with you. I'm really worried. Did something happen in school?"Kevin asked.
( silence). "Well..... no. It's just..... I'll be eight (8)tomorrow and...... mom and dad still haven't......" "wha-a-a-a-t?tomorrow? Why didn't you say it earlier? How am I gonna get a befitting gift for you in this short period?" Kevin interrupted. " I actually thought mom or dad would call and break the news to Huggins sir and at least speak to me. But I guess... they haven't" she sighed heavily. "Don't they even miss me?", her voice got rough and she broke down again. " I have to do something real quick.. I can't watch her cry all the time" Huggins said to himself . He wrote a note for the kids and grabbed his car keys.

Kevin unlocked the room with the spare keys Huggins left in addition to the note the previous day. "He's still not back? Wow.... I wonder why he's not here yet though. He's never left like this" Kevin said to Molly in a tone filled with worry.
" zzzzzzzzzzz....zzzzzzzz....zzzzzzz" the telephone ☎️ vibrates and Molly rushes to pick up while Kevin enters into the bedroom.

Molly(M):umm.. hello?
Huggins(H): Molly dear?
M: yeah. Huggins sir, you?? Where've you been!?
H: that's not needed. Both you and Kevin should dress up and meet me in front of the gate in 15. Don't waste time, we're already late.
M: for what ?
H: just do as I said I'm on my way to pick you up.

(Call ended)

*He didn't even wait for my reply. Something's up*She thought. "Keviiin Your dad said we should get dressed and meet him in 15!" She said on top of her voice as she approached their room.

"Surpriiiiiiiise! Happy birthday best friend! I love you to the moon and beyond! May all your wishes come true" Kevin said aloud as soon as Molly opened the door. "Awwwwwwwwn" she murmured and rushed into his open arms for a hug. She buried her face into his chest as he held onto her waist. Their grip on each other got intense until Molly choked, pulling from the embrace. He gave her a mini or more so, a portable sized picture of both of them.

Beep! Beep! Beep! . "Shit, that must be your dad hurry up and get dressed". Molly said to him as they both began pacing up the room for an item here and there. " sorry,we delayed a little, Huggins sir." Molly tried to explain as they buckled their seat belts. " a little huh? I'm sure Kevin caused it" he said, shaking his head left to right. " but daaaad...." Kevin tried to protest.

In the middle of the journey, Huggins halted the car and trotted with the kids to a weird looking house. "Where's this Huggins sir" Molly asked raising her head to look at his face in confusion. " don't worry dear, it's safe" he assured her and carried her onto his shoulder. He picked up his phone 📱 and sent a broad cast text
#we are here guys#
Huggins knocked on the door and a strange looking man opened up. He winked😉 at Huggins and left the doorway to allow the kids have a full view of the content of the house. Molly got down from Huggins and took a step ahead of him " woooow" she and Kevin exclaimed in unison as they turned to look at each other's astonished face.

Present
She rolls her eyes as she sits right opposite him in her office sofa with her legs crossed and arms folded tightly over her chest. She looks on the table between them as she scans the magazines on it. Mchenzie smirks at the way she bucks her knee in agitation. He scans her from her black pencil heels to how smooth and attractive her slender legs look in the black stockings contrasting her bright caramel skin. He bites his lips unconsciously as his eyes move upward to her hip area and to her tiny waist. For the first time, he felt uneasy, looking at a woman.

That was unlike him.Despite the Air Condition in the office, he feels a ball of sweet roll down his spine. As his gaze went higher, he watched how her breathing moved her slightly visible cleavage up and down through her blouse. Molly twitches in her seat as she realizes how his gaze was fixed on her. She gets nervous and bites her lips👄 in the process. He looks intensely at her. Before he's able to carefully access her eyes, she stands up. "Wh-wh-why are we sitting in-in-in s-s-silence ?" She asks him.
As usual, he smirks and responds " well, today's your first day, you're to ask any question pertaining your job as Mchenzie's PA( PersonalAssistant)." "Oh, I see". " of course why'd you think I'd leave my cabin for yours? You think I just wanna admire you or something?? My girls've got better curves"

She gets bored but tries to keep her cool. Silence fills the office. Mchenzie thinks about how his body reacted to seeing Molly's and he wonders why? Instead of questions, Molly's mind drifts to what happened earlier.

Flash back
[ He changed into his suit and met her just how he left her in shock upon hearing who her boss was. He walked over to her from behind and extended his hand on each side of her waist as if holding her waist. Her pulse rose and she shut her eyes. He picks up his wrist watch from in front of her and puts it on. " Are you scared?(silence) I won't touch you, don't worry. I know how to make right choices" he whispers into her ears and asks her to take a seat in one of the sofas in her side of the office. She frowns and sits. He joins her.]

Bzzzzzt bzzzzt bzzzzzzzzt , her phone vibrates and the name displays "Nick❤️😃"
M:Hi
Nick(N): how's your first day going? I knocked on your door this morning and realized you had left already
M: yeah... I wanted to leave early.
" who's on the phone?" Mchenzie interrupts
M: Will talk to you later
She ends the call and shoots him a look of despise. "That was rude! Do you lack manners as well?"
" wow such ego you've got. After all you've done today......." he pauses and taps the table between them,slowly moving to her. " don't you think you should be fired?" She widens her large bright blue eyes 👀 and her long straightened lashes butt in accordance. She recollects the whole day so far and gulps😳. He taps the table loudly one last time and leans in with face real close to hers. " please please please please pleaeeeease. Don't fire me"she pleads. As expected, he smirks 😏and replies " I won't...." . "you won't?" She interrupts.
" No (silence) ...... under one condition"
"Condition?" She asked creasing her brows.