55 | Defender of Life's Principles

*angst... Also, give comments about how you love the MC (I need 6 comments about it)

- (NRC) Main Street -

     "Ugh. I hate doing things without my magic," the Chairman grumbled as he started to walk the empty street. "Now where's that woman? She said she'll come here after I finished my business."

He sat on the bench, waiting for the demoness's presence. He wasn't repenting after kidnapping different kinds of himself since he felt empty when the female (Name) managed to ruin his plan and now he's at her mercy. Like a puppet under its Master's fingertips, but there's someone who'll be willing to destroy the show...

     "Excuse me. Are you (Name) Draconia?" Someone asked behind the male Barbatos. He felt his neck captive by a knife, "Tell me... Are you (Name) Draconia?"

     "Why do you ask?"

     The one holding the King captive didn't reply and placed the end of the knife close to his flesh, "... You have defied the rules of samsara and attempted to take the life forces of yourself. I am the defender of life's principles and you're under a death sentence for your crimes," they said.

     "I'm afraid you're not allowed to kill him, yet..." The demoness appeared, and the gun pointed at the one holding her male version hostage. "I still need him to do anything as I please." She chuckled.

     The defender turned their head to meet with the slitted gaze of (Name), "You dare defy my orders too? It's clear he needs to be punished for what he has done, but here you are defending him," they hissed at the demoness. "... Filthy demon."

     (Name) smiled, placing her fingertips above her lips, "It's not wise to complement an individual with unpleasant words... Be a dear and leave him in my care," she assured the defender. "Archangel (Name)..."

As I've said before, there are multiple realities, dimensions, and universes existing in this world. That includes a possibility for an angel version of the lovely demoness of Diavolo, who serves as an Archangel that's a Defender of Life's Principles...

     "Are you challenging me, demon?" She asked, pointing the knife towards the demoness butler. "If you kept defending this criminal, I have no choice but to consider you as the enemy of mine. I have no desire to fight you, my demon self..."

     The demoness chuckled, "Likewise. However, I couldn't let you touch His Majesty for I still need him sooner," she told her Archangel version. "It's unpleasant to cause chaos as of this current time where there's a festival ongoing."

Unlike the current (Name)'s devilish state, the Archangel version of hers seems to be holy and sacred. She doesn't have green and lime-slitted pupils, but bright and strict (e/c) eyes were seen. Her (h/c) hair is adorned with angelic ornaments as it rested on her back/shoulders (depending on your hair length). Her simple long, white gown matched her solemn figure...

     The Archangel (Name) glared at the demoness, "You surely are one annoying being. I'm irritated," she strictly affirmed and placed her knife within its container. "Barbatos, beware of my warning. If you shall defy the rules of life, I will not hesitate to bring judgment."

Even though she's an angel, an archangel perhaps, her words are unholy and venomous. She seems to be disgusted by her versions which defy the rules bestowed on their ability that can affect different realities. The way she addresses the current (Name) as Barbatos instead of their name only tells the fact how she despises her demon segments...

     "How rude of you, dear Archangel. I suppose someone must've pulled some strings on you," the current (Name) chuckled and the angel glared at her. "Don't worry, I have this under control. I'll kill him myself if he dares to repeat his mistake... Leave his judgment in my hands."

This situation is like the King of Thorns (puppet) under the demoness's butler's control as the puppeteer, while the Archangel serves as someone to destroy the puppet. Is the angel an enemy or a comrade? We don't know what's her purpose in this world aside from the Defender of Life's Principles...

     The (h/c) girl hummed in approval, "I see. I shall leave him in your care then, Barbatos..." She agreed. "If I have received a report about either you or him breaking any rules, I shall visit to assassinate you at once. Am I understood?"

     The green-haired female bowed, "Of course. Have faith in me..." She replied.

A pair of white wings devoured the archangel before disappearing, leaving feathers on her departure. (Name) smiled as she crossed her arms—her smile never faltered but the way she stared at those feathers the archangel left is something sinister...

     "No wonder Mrs. Clover warned me about the time loop defying those rules," the Chairman remarked. "I didn't know there's a Defender of Life's Principles."

     "For a thousand years you're living? How ignorant are you?" (Name) asked, earning an annoyed huff from her male self. "She doesn't seem like a threat towards Luke and me, but she does for you."

     "I'm not petty enough to put my nose on someone's business," he remarked as he fixed his white cloak hiding his features. "Also why are your lips smudging with another shade of purple?" He asked.

Let's just say Vil asked for another kiss from (Name) as a lucky charm against Neige. She just smiled at her male version and told him they'll talk later after the VDC...

- Colleseum, VIP Bleachers -

     "Forgive my tardiness. I have other matters to fix before arriving here," (Name) apologized and sat beside the GRANDMOTHER OF MALLEUS. "I hope you're enjoying, Your Majesty. Please enjoy this festival I have invited you to," she smiled.

     The Queen of Thorns chuckled, "Of course! Thank you for inviting me again, (Name)!" She said as Malleus and Lilia were staring at the two. "I see you've taken your male form. You look dashing, sweetheart!" She complimented, pinching the (Name)'s cheeks.

     Malleus took one of (Name)'s hands, "Grandmother... Please calm down while touching my future spouse," he whispered. Lilia smiled nervously, "My Queen, he's right. Do be gentle while touching (Name)."

The tension between the three fairies was immense, even Silver and Sebek were interested in what was happening. Malleus and his grandmother seem to have something to mark on while Lilia doesn't seem to be giving up against the two royalties...

     "WE'RE SO SORRY FOR MAKING OUR LOVELY AUDIENCE WAIT! AT THIS MOMENT IS THE START OF THIS YEAR'S MAGICAL JOINT SCHOOL FESTIVAL HOSTED BY THE PRESTIGIOUS SCHOOL, NIGHT RAVEN COLLEGE!" The host announced, earning cheers from everyone. "I ANNOUNCE FOR  VOCAL AND DANCE COMPETITION TO START!"

     "MAMA!" Luke yelled, making the Diasomnia residents surprised by his sudden address. "Epel said he'll be the center to be the poisoned apple to defeat Neige! Vil kinda rejected it, but since it's a villain's pride to continue fighting until the end!" He grinned.

     (Name) chuckled nervously, "Is that so?" She asked, making Luke nod happily. "He surely is someone who can't accept defeat... I hope he's alright after the injuries he got from earlier," she stated.

     Luke sat on her lap, "LET'S JUST HOPE THE NRC TRIBE WILL WIN AGAINST ROYAL SWORD ACADEMY! LET'S CHEER FOR THEM!" He exclaimed, raising his purple glow sticks. "GO NIGHT RAVEN COLLEGE!"

     "ARE YOU READY TO SEE OUR FIRST CONTESTANTS?" The host asked, the crowd cheering for the said school. "PLEASE WELCOME OUR FIRST REPRESENTATIVES AS PER OUR TRADITION! NIGHT RAVEN COLLEGE! ENJOY THEIR PERFORMANCE WITH THEIR MAGNIFICENT SONG, ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!"

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)