47 | Cause

*I might give up this story brr (then readers appearing in Glorious Masquerade)

*Also where are those readers who said they won't stop reading?

*Dominic, Gran, Sneak, Shelpie, Toby, Hop, and Timmy are the names of the dwarves

- Colleseum, Purple Stage -

One word: Surprised. They were surprised that Neige's representatives for the VDC are dwarves, who are acquainted with the Ramshackle residents, Luke, and (Name) of Diasomnia. Their performance was cute even though it has flaws, it caught everyone's hearts including the NRC representatives from their song...

     Kalim placed his hands on his cheeks, "Whoa! What kind of enchantment is this song?! THE CHORUS KEPT REPEATING IN MY HEAD!" He gasped.

     "This is a nursery song from the Land of Pyroxene," the hunter of Pomefiore remarked. "Even though I derive in Afterglow Savanna, this is a famous song. Very catchy if I say so myself," he commented.

     Ace made a nasty look, "HUH?! IT ISN'T SPECIAL FROM WHAT I OBSERVED! THEY'RE NOT EVEN IN SYNC!" He yelled, denying the fact he also got entranced by the song. Grim gasped, "LOOK ONE OF THEM FELL! And Neige helped him up, but I guess that's quite a dangerous step they have there..." He commented.

     "To be honest, their performance isn't that bad," the viper of Scarabia commented.

     Ace glared at his senior, "They're not worthy to be our rival!" He puffed his chest and crossed his arms. Turning his head to the dorm leader of Pomefiore, he asked, "Isn't that right? Vil-senpai, I have point, right?"

     "It's over..."

     "EH?!"

The filming staff was entranced by the cute performance as they sang the chorus again and again like a mantra. Despite their dance being a childish concept, it's a stress reliever and quite an entertainment for the staff. Their dancing wasn't as perfect and doesn't have a proper harmony as NRC's representatives, but the lively and gentle atmosphere of their song is bringing them the joy that they couldn't stop joining them...

     "Everyone is under Neige's charm! This is Neige LeBlanche's charm!" Deuce gasped in fear when he saw every staff are awing at the raven-haired's performance. Epel shrieked, "Is this the lovable personality Vil-senpai has been telling me?" He asked, feeling afraid of Neige's aura.

     "Thank you for listening, everyone!" Neige bowed in front of them and stepped out off the stage as Vil glared at Neige's figure.

     "Hey, you! Call Neige's company and manager at once! We need this performance to be played in the news tonight, so ask for their permission!" A staff producer yelled, pushing his assistant to call Neige's company. "I'm sure this will trend more than any cat videos online! I can't wait to see it!"

     "I didn't expect this... Not at all! This is the most fantastic thing I've seen in my life!" A music producer exclaimed, his eyes sparkling. "The fame and beauty of Neige LeBlanche isn't a fake facade after all! A simple, yet beautiful song won't be loved just by a whole country, but their childish yet catchy song shall capture it in instinct! Truly marvelous for someone like Neige!" The colleague of the music producer exclaimed.

     "Thank you for helping us with today's rehearsals!" Neige shook the hand of the filming staff members. "Have you seen (Name)-chan, by the way? The Headmistress?" He asked.

     Before the filming staff could answer, the TV reporters pushed them away, "Hello there! Great job, Mr. LeBlanche! That was a magnificent performance. I need some tissues to wipe those tears from my face!" He laughed. "We're TV reporters from the Land of Pyroxene, so would you mind having a simple interview with us?" He asked and pointed the mic at Neige's mouth.

     Neige nodded, "Of course! I don't mind!" He assured.

     "So why did you choose a children's song for your performance?" The TV reporter asked.

     "I wanted everyone to enjoy our simplistic, yet cultured performance. It's easier to sing and join us, too!" Neige replied. "At first, I entered VDC to create memories with my schoolmates! It's truly a wonderful memory to share with your friends, after all, then I thought why not share this memory with the whole world? I asked myself if I can consider it and decided to go with that song!"

     The TV staff chuckled, "How kind of you, Mr. LeBlanche! Did you know everyone was so entranced by your performance?" He asked, receiving a nod from the black-haired male. "Not just that, we also uploaded a 10-second preview of your performance to our social media account. Look at the comments!"

neigenumberonefan2839: SO CUTE!

Imamotheruser1991: My baby was going with the song and mimicking the way he sings it! It's like a lullaby for him!

neigenumberonestan9000: THIS IS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!

     The TV staff clapped his hands, "The fans are excited for this year's VDC and it seems victory is all yours!" He said.

     Neige wryly smiled, "It's too early to say that, so do calm yourself! But thank you very much for your support!" He told him. The hunter looked at Vil, who was staring blankly, "Roi de Poisons? Hello, Roi de Poisons. Twisted Wonderland to Vil?" He waved his hand in front of the male.

     "Huh?"

     The hunter looked worried, "Are you alright? You've been quiet for quite a time now... You also look pale. Are you ill?" He asked.

     The beautiful blonde-haired shook his head, "I'm alright... This is nothing and I'm fine, not ill at all. Maybe this is because of (Name)'s tea absence and I got used to her teas," he smiled and stood up. "This isn't worth watching as well, so might head to the dressing room to fix my make-up for the VDC. See you all later," he left them.

Yuu suddenly felt a vision flashing through his eyes, reminding him of what happened in that dream. Epel and Luke were worried as they shook the dorm leader of Ramshackle's body, bringing him back to reality. The angel and lilac-haired male were worried, while Grim regarded them Yuu's just hungry Ace chided the feline that he should stop comparing Yuu to himself—even though Deuce himself is hungry...

     "I miss Mama..." Luke sighed as they followed Yuu to take some snacks and left their seniors who seem to be worried about Vil.

- Colleseum, Hallway -

     "Mira, Mira... Please enlighten me," the Pomefiore dorm leader demanded as he stared at his phone's AI.

     "Yes. What would you like to know?"

     "Currently, who's the most beautiful?"

     "The first web results... Neige LeBlanche."

     "NEIGE!"

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)