41 | Secrets Must Be Told

*Warning: Cliffhanger

*(Name) will still be in the rescue of Vil because I love their dynamic in this story (even tho I made it)

Bonus:

(Future Lilia and Barbatos's parenting) The elder fae and the demoness had a son—he's a unique one, to say the least since he has his mother's facial features and his dad's goofy attitude, i̶n̶c̶l̶u̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ h̶i̶s̶ f̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶'s̶ c̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶. He would always act like a little brother to Silver and Luke sometimes...

     "He's growing up now," the elder fae uttered as he watched his son train with his other sons. "Are demons tend to be that tall, (Name)?" He asked his spouse.

     She chuckled, "Very much yes, my love. Demons are tall," she replied. "Don't worry, I can add some height for you," she assured with a smile.

     "Please do, darling."

- ??? -

     "We're here," the demoness stated as she stared at the end of the hallway, the elevator leading to the basement of the Headquarters of the Board of Directors. "I want you to press the button with the label 0, alright?" She instructed.

     "Are we leaving you, (Name)-chan?" Cater asked. "Yes, my dear butler will face the Chairman. Come on now, Cater," Lord Diavolo replied to the demoness, who has a blank stare.

The men entered the elevator and descended to the depths of the Headquarters, leaving (Name) alone in the hallway. *DING* The elevator is finally available to use and the demoness entered it, clicking the floor where the Chairman's office is...

- (2nd Floor) NRC, Hallway -

Thanks to Cater's unique magic, his clone took his place for their performance with Lilia. The clone greeted Riddle and Trey, along with the son of the demoness and Ramshackle residents, who just beat up some students trying to pick a fight with the opposing school...

     "Hello there, Luke!" Lilia greeted, hugging the angel. "How are you?" He asked.

     "I'm alright, Lilia! Thanks for asking!" The angel grinned happily at the elder fae. "(Name) is busy right now and I don't know where she went. Do you know where she went?"

     The elder fae shook his head, "Unfortunately, not. (Name) hasn't talked to us ever since she went to Ramshackle," he sadly answered.

(Name) has told Luke to not bring up what happened in the past—the time she almost got killed by the man who loves and cherishes her most. Luke, who understood, agreed with his guardian's advice to not bring any grudge against both sides. She has talked to the Queen about the matter after all...

     The Heartslabyul vice dorm leader laughed, "I can't deny I hate trouble this early," he jested. "Are you two heading to the Light Music Club?" He asked his fellow seniors.

     Lilia nodded, "Indeed. We might be less than the VDC representatives, but we have a live concert prepared," he replied. Cater sighed, "Aw, Trey-kun and Riddle-kun are inspectors... (Name)-chan is presenting the school as the Headmistress... Kalim-kun is participating in VDC... Gosh, I'm so lonely~," he pouted.

     Trey nervously smiled at the orange-haired senior, "Cater, you're aware I'm not good at singing and dancing, right?" He remarked. Lilia placed a hand on his chest, "Dear me, are you not satisfied with the both of us, Cater? I'm hurt," he exaggerated.

     Cater hugged Lilia, "Nuh-uh~! We're gonna do our best in our performance, Lilia-chan! Let's improvise a little bit since Kalim-kun's absent," he giggled. Lilia is amused, then he turned his head to the Ramshackle Dorm Leader, "By the way, Yuu..." He called.

     "What's up?"

     "It seems like you gave the VDC tickets as your reply for the holiday card my friend sent you," Lilia uttered.

Yuu reminisced about the memory he had when he gave the ticket to Tsunotaro. Lilia laughed when Yuu told him about Tsunotaro sulking about not getting any replies from the holiday card he distributed, perking everyone's interest in who's friend of Yuu in Diasomnia. After all, everyone knows the fact (Name) and Yuu are connected in some way, which makes her his only friend in the said dorm. But she's not the type to give letters...

     Lilia chuckled, "It might be weird, but he's not that someone to express his gratitude. He's actually glad he received an invite from you and I also thank you for doing so," he shook Yuu's hands. "Thank you for inviting him."

     Cater raised his eyebrow, "What's this? Yuu-chan has friends in Diasomnia other than (Name)-chan?" He asked, placing his elbow on Yuu's shoulder. "You never tell us~! Come on, who is it?"

     "All I know is he has horns on his head since he didn't tell me his name. Well, he's taller than (Name)-san around 12 centimeters since... Uh... She's 6" 3 and he's around 6" 7 or 6 "8," the Ramshackle Dorm Leader replied. Luke and Cater looked at each other, "Wait! Could it be him—"

     "Oh, Cater! It's time to do our performance~! We need to get to the stage before it's too late!" Lilia interfered with their brainstorming session, grabbing the orange-haired's wrist. The said senior nodded as the fae waved his hands to the others, "We'll be excusing ourselves, so do send my wishes and good luck to the VDC representatives! We'll be cheering on you!"

     Riddle looked at his phone, "It's quarter to 12 already... Aren't you three supposed to go with Vil-senpai to the rehearsals?" He asked his juniors. Grim gasped, "I ALMOST FORGOT! MAN, I DON'T WANNA DRINK VIL'S CURSED POTIONS IF WE'RE LATE!" He yelled.

     Luke jumped off Trey's arms, "Are you guys watching too?" He asked his Heartslabyul seniors. The green-haired nodded, "Yep, we got a ticket from Ace and Deuce! Don't worry, we'll cheer for you guys, so do your best!" He caressed the angel's head.

     "Tell our other juniors they'll get a collar on their neck if they embarrassed our school!" Riddle reminded as the Ramshackle residents and Luke ran. "I will!" Yuu yelled.

     Luke sighed, "Won't that make them nervous?"

- ??? -

*TAP* *TAP* *TAP* The noisy heels of (Name) filled the hallway once she got out of the elevator. The sun is at its peak now, looming over her figure from the window. The Chairman's office is at the end of this floor's hallway, the door slightly ajar. She took the handle and opened it, revealing the Chairman sitting behind their desk...

     "... Hello, Chairman. We finally meet again," the demoness remarked. "I have a lot of questions for you to answer, but do introduce yourself..."

     The Chairman chuckled, "Be patient, my dear (Name). It's not like I'm running away from you anymore," they said. Their white cloak is resting on their chair and shadow looming their face, "I'm sure you're aware of who I am?"

     "I'm confident with my assumptions."

     "Very well..." They smirked and stood up to have a clear view of who they are.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)