8 | Rook Hunt

*Man, Wattpad needs to fix this publishing bug

???: I don't have a favorite donut flavor.

???: Am I from Twisted Wonderland, Devildom, or another realm? Let's say I'm from another timeline, like Barbatos (the future self of the reader) herself. Of course, I'm not telling you my origins...

Bonus:

(Ruggie and Barbatos bonding time) The hyena was being taught by the demoness. They were currently trying to mash some leaves for a herbal tea, not just any leaves though—It's basil and mint leaves...

     "Try to relax your hand while mashing the leaves or the fiber won't be squeezed," she told him and guided his hand. The hyena blushed when her gloved hand made contact with his, "Very good. Keep it like that, alright?" She smiled.

     "Thank you, (Name)-san! I'll do my best!" Ruggie exclaimed, doing his best to mash the leaves. The demoness chuckled and rubbed his ears, "Good boy. If you managed to make tea with those leaves, then I'll reward you with a free dinner and desserts."

- Class 3-A -

There standing behind them is Rook Hunt, the one they're looking for. That blonde bob-cut and brown hat with a feather are unmistakably his landmarks like the first time they observed him because of the Magift incident. What the first years are concerned about is he appeared behind them all of the sudden...

     The hunter heartily chuckled, "Pardon your humble senior for startling you. It's one of my skills to hide my presence after all," he shared. Then he placed his hat on his chest, bowing in front of the juniors, "I'm Rook Hunt and my purpose is to protect and aim for beauty and love~! A Hunter of Love, to be precise."

     "What a weird guy..." Yuu scrunched his face, displeased by Rook's weird attitude. The blonde senior merely smiled, "A pleasure to be your acquaintance, lovely juniors."

     "There's the weirdo..." The Prince uttered and hid his face. The hunter turned his attention to the lion, "Oh, dear! If it isn't Roi de Leon... If I'm not mistaken, it's lunch break. Pray to tell, where's Monsieur Dandelion?" He asked.

     "Ugh, can't you see he has a life of his own? Just take those herbivores out of my sight, so I can take a rest," the lion replied and tried to sleep again. Deuce looked at Leona and Rook, confused about who they were talking about, "Who's Monsieur Dandelion?" He asked.

     The Pomefiore 3rd year chuckled, "It's none other than Roi de Leon's reliable retainer, Ruggie-kun," he told the blue-haired junior. The feline raised an eyebrow, more confused, "Why Dandelion? Is it because his hair is yellow and fluffy?"

     "Non, non! It's deeper than that," the hunter chuckled, snapping his fingers. "I can still remember it after months have passed. The season was spring and the gentle breeze of the air is roaming around the campus..." He said dreamily.

He started to tell them about what happened during spring. The hyena was picking up some dandelions in the courtyard and was startled by the hunter, who was seemingly interested in what he was doing. Rook asked what he's gonna do with the dandelions; he got an answer from Ruggie that he's gonna eat them, surprising the hunter...

Dandelions aren't just simple flowers since they can be used for salads and tea (as long as you boil them properly). The hyena was grateful since something like this can feed someone like him, someone like Rook who's rich won't understand him. His food allowance is currently short that's why he's doing it and there the hunter's story ends...

     "And there you have it! Dandelions aren't just decorations on the ground, but also something edible to sustain his daily needs," Rook told them and clapped his hands as if he just taught the juniors something interesting. "Therefore, I have decided to call him Monsieur Dandelion!"

     "The hyena is eating dandelions?! Isn't that insulting then?" Yuu questioned, Ace, nodding behind because the dorm leader has a point. Leona huffed, "I guess that guy sure eats anything... Wait, did he try to feed me those, too?" He asked himself, coughing.

Dandelions aren't poisonous, assuring Leona. However, that only made Grim interested because it seems delicious. The first years told him to stop eating anything from the ground... Not until Ace remembered something—they were here to register, not to chat with the registrant...

     "Forgive me, forgive me. It's a habit of mine to tell stories to amuse people," Rook chuckled and took his list. He looked at the first years, "You must be Ace Trappola from Class 1-A, seat 25 and height of 172 cm. Deuce Spade from Class 1-A, seat 24, and height of 173 cm. Enma Yuuken, seat 27 and height of 170 cm with his companion Grim who has a height of 70 cm," he told them.

     "HOW THE FUCK DID YOU KNOW THAT?!" Yuu yelled, surprising everyone in the room. Ace and Deuce were also astounded, "EVEN OUR HEIGHTS TOO?!" They both exclaimed.

     Rook chuckled, "It's merely a simple feat for a hunter like me. It'll be a problem if I leave it for later, yes?" He told them. Yuu wasn't happy about this since this school is full of weirdos and Rook immediately smiled at him, "If I know it, I wouldn't ask your names, would I? After all, the audition is coming after three days in Pomefiore's Ballroom. Do not be late."

     "Understood!"

With that, the first years ran outside the room, while Rook started to bug Leona to audition for this upcoming VDC...

- ??? -

     The Chairman crossed their arms, looking out the window, "Auditions in Night Raven College are happening and (Name) is accepted as the guard of Neige LeBlanche... Time flies so fast," they uttered. "The Headmaster is useless if I ask him to bring the demoness here... I'll just wait for her to come to me, I can't wait to see her disappointed expression..." They chuckled.

     "Chairman, Ms. (Name) is currently with Neige LeBlanche at the moment. My plan is working!" The annoying committee exclaimed, happy to tell the Chairman what he did. "We just need to ambush her with our best magic weapons—"

     The Chairman clicked their tongue, "You're aware she's a demoness, right? Those weapons are useless against her," they told the committee. "Use your brain. You're celebrating too much... She's not someone to be underestimated. Do you understand me?" They asked menacingly.

The Chairman's aura turned into something terrifying, scaring off the committee and it only made them run outside because of how scary the Chairman is. The person underneath the cloak scoffed and looked at the picture in front of them...

     "Just a little wait..."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)