34 | Phase One

*I did say I'm gonna reuse ideas (do remember the white cloak and the only one has obtained cards)

*Yes, your author's rusty right now and on the brink of giving up in life (daily reports because I'm so gracious)

- ??? -

Yuu was in the same dungeon as the same dream. The Queen's once beautiful facade is now a form of an ugly woman, she was searching for a spell. She said she wants a spell that can kill Snow White to make her the fairest of the land, there a pot was slowly burning...

     "Let the apple in the brew," the Beautiful Queen in disguise said as she slowly put a red apple in a boiling green stew. "Let the sleeping death sip through!" She exclaimed.

Yuu stared as the apple started to absorb the pot's substance, turning itself into a green-tainted apple. Once the Old Woman raised the apple from the pot, it form into a skull—proving the fact it was poisoned...

     "The symbol of what lies within... Now turn red," the Old Woman ordered, the apple obeyed her orders. "Tempt Snow White to make her hunger for a right... Have a bite!" The Woman exclaimed, pushing the apple to the black crow nearby.

She laughed maniacally when the crow started to escape the apple's touch, but she assured it that was not for them. Poking the apple with her long nail, planning to kill Snow White and if she succeeded then she'll be the fairest of the land. Then she stopped, her eyes searching for something related to the poisoned apple...

     "Wait! There may be an antidote!" She said in fear, going to where her book of potions is, and flipping the pages. She gasped, "Victim of the Sleeping Death can be revived by a true love's kiss. LOVE'S FIRST KISS! Never heard of that... The dwarfs will think she's dead and she'll be buried alive!" She laughed.

- (Day of VDC) Ramshackle Dorm, Barbatos's room -

     "Why are you awake so early, (Name)?" Vil asked, looking at the demoness—who was fixing her black tie, it was her guard uniform. He saw her taking a revolver from her cabinet, a hint of lime smoke coming out of its end, "What's the gun for? Are you going somewhere?" He asked, eyeing her up and down.

     She nodded and slipped her black gloves, "Yes, Vil-san. I need to leave," she replied. "I'll be back before your performance begins... Please take care of Luke for me," she favored and placed a forehead kiss on Luke's forehead—he was sleeping on her bed—before leaving the room.

She isn't planning to tell Luke her intentions today, for his safety. Lord Diavolo is with Cater right now and Crewel is probably packing different kinds of forbidden potions, Silver still sleeping in Diasomnia Dorm. Her revolver was blessed with the Queen of Thorns' magic—it's a spell that can cancel someone's magic for a long amount of time...

- Ramshackle Dorm, Lounge -

Yuu was bothered by the dream, while the others are excited since it was finally time to shine for the upcoming VDC. Everyone was excited, including Grim, and confident they'll win today's competition—Kalim didn't even manage to sleep last night, Jamil scolded him for doing so, and Epel's sad since it was the last day of their training camp, but glad the Ramshackle residents took care of them. Rook gathered them all in the lounge since Vil has an announcement...

     "I see you're all here now," the dorm leader of Pomefiore said. "Exactly at 3 in the afternoon, the Vocal and Dance Competition shall commence in the purple stage. This event is the top one in Magicam trends, so expect the whole world to set their eyes on you and make sure to show your polished beauty! Is everyone prepared?" He asked.

     "YES!"

     "Practice for the actual performance shall start around noon, we'll be fixing our formation on-stage and make some adjustments while doing so," the beautiful blonde-haired added. Grim cheered, "It's so tiring~! We finally can just watch right now!" He exclaimed, excited since he'll finally take his tuna using the grand prize's money.

     Vil nodded, "Indeed. The manager and his feline are... A distraction, so I'll be having you guys have a tour around the stalls in the festival. Go try some food and clothes prepared," he told them and started to take Ramshackle residents. "Make sure to not lose Luke! I'll give you a staff ID and don't forget to wear this before entering the stadium," he told them.

     Luke nodded and wore the staff ID, "Understood, Vil. Where's Mama—I mean, where's (Name)?" He asked, wondering where the butler is. The dorm leader of Pomefiore shook his head, "I'm not sure where, but she told me she'll be back before the VDC competition and that'll means she'll be back around 2 PM. Be patient, alright?" He told the angel and kissed his forehead.

     "Come on, Luke," Yuu took Luke's grasp. Vil looks annoyed, "You better not lose him, Yuu, since (Name) will kill me. Make sure to get back before noon to witness the rehearsals. Understood?" He reminded.

     "HEY! That's unfair! WHY COULD THEY GO TOUR AROUND THE FOOD STALLS?! I WANT TO GO, TOO!" Ace complained. "ME TOO!" Kalim raised his hand.

     "No," the dorm leader of Pomefiore declined their wishes. "Didn't you remember what I said? Focus on VDC right now. The festival lasts for two days, so you can just go tour around tomorrow," he told them. "LET'S BEGIN OUR PRACTICE RIGHT NOW!"

- ??? -

They were in an empty garage—they were the only ones inside with an open-hooded black car in the distance. Diavolo and Cater were holding onto (Name)'s arms, while Crewel is approaching the car—checking if its the one he bought from the foreign businessman. They're finally in the said country to find the Chairman as said to their plan...

     "It's the car," the Professor told the demoness, throwing the key to her. "You'll drive since I don't know where the hideout is."

     "Understandable," she smiled and opened the door to the driver's seat. "Come on now. We still need to watch VDC after this," she called for them.

Crewel went to the front seat, while Diavolo and Cater went to the backseat. It was a mistake for letting her drive the car—she even told them to wear their seatbelts. The next thing they knew before she start the car is the opening of the garage door...

     "Hold on tight, gentlemen."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)