5 | Helping Hand

*Best dorm deserves the best lore reveal :D (in my opinion of course) I still love the other dorms, but Vil Schoenheit hits hard. He's too pretty

*Ask questions to the Chairman (except their identity and what they look like), the first one to ask a question will be answered in the next chapter (Limited time, sorry to the ones who didn't get picked)

???: Am I hot? I don't know myself. Why not come here and judge my looks for me, (Name)? I'll welcome you with open arms...

- Gymnasium -

The demoness chuckled when the first years lay down on the floor because of how uncooperative their steps are. Ace managed to remember the steps while Deuce is dancing as if he has two right feet and Grim can't sing and dance at the same thing, which earned a scolding from Yuu about how he should do his best...

     "Are you guys practicing for the VDC, too?" A familiar voice called from the doors of the Gymnasium. "Ah! It's the Scarabia's weird duo!" Grim exclaimed, pointing at Kalim and Jamil.

     Jamil rolled his eyes, "Stop with the weird nicknames, we're not weird either," he remarked. Ace raised his eyebrow, "Are you guys auditioning for VDC?" He asked the Scarabia residents.

     Kalim laughed, "Yep~! It's a huge festival, so I wanna dance my heart out!" He exclaimed. The demoness approached them and handed water bottles to the juniors, "I'm guessing you two are good at singing and dancing. I'm surely interested in seeing you two dance," she smiled at the Scarabia students.

     The dorm leader of Scarabia must've gawked at the close-up of the demoness's face, "Yep, (Name)-chan! Uh... Right, Jamil?" He nudged his vice dorm leader, still staring at the beautiful facade of Barbatos. The black-haired male sighed, "I don't want to be in the spotlight..."

     Kalim shook his head, interrupting his trance, "By the way, I've been watching you guys practice and I can tell it sucks!" He laughed from their misery, earning gloomy faces from Deuce and Grim. "It seems like you guys are dancing with two right feet, but then again dancing while singing is hard. I dunno about you guys if you can do it," he shrugged at their situation.

     Deuce was hugging his female senior, feeling tired, "I don't wanna do this anymore, (Name)-senpai..." He murmured. Ace took Jamil's hands, "Jamil-senpai, I remember you teaching Floyd a dance during our basketball practice the other day! Dancing is your hobby, right? We want to have professional tips~?" He begged, rubbing his cheek on his senior's hand.

     "Yeah, Jamil's a professional, so I can assure you he can help you!" Kalim agreed, giving Ace a thumbs up. Jamil removed Ace's hold and grunted, "Stop answering for me, will you? Either way, teaching someone can benefit me too... I guess I'll help you for now. Before dancing, you should do some stretching to ready your body," he instructed.

Jamil took Deuce from (Name)'s hold, fixing his structure since he's stiff if he both moved his fingers and shoulders together. Deuce was panicking because he can't memorize the steps, earning a sigh from the Vice Dorm Leader of Scarabia who told him he shouldn't think while dancing and let the music guide his body. They stopped when they heard the bell ring...

     "That's the bell for the afternoon class. We'll be calling it a day for today's lesson," Jamil told them. Kalim sighed, "Aw~! Time flies so fast..." He seems unsatisfied.

The two Heartslabyul students and Grim thanked the guidance of their senior/instructor Jamil, who seems proud because of his teachings to them. They may be uncooperative with the music, but their stamina is near enough for the dance and surely if they perfected their form they'll be a great dancer soon. He patted Deuce's head for trying, while he was having second thoughts with Grim...

     "I'm unsure about Grim. Sure, he has potential... I think?" The Viper smiled nervously. Grim puffed his cheeks, "Dancing is fun, yanno! I'll make sure I'll improve, so I can change your mind!" He told Jamil.

     The Viper rubbed Grim's fur, "I'm concerned about the fact you might forget to sing while dancing, so you better remember to balance both alright?" He reminded the cat.

The first years still need to do their homework, including Luke. Kalim proposed that they should practice together, so they can hear Jamil sing too—it caused Jamil to yell at Kalim for answering for him again, but Kalim assured him that having peers is better than practicing with just the two of them...

     "Thanks for your guidance!" The first years thanked their seniors again. The demoness chuckled and placed a hand above her mouth, "How adorable. I hope all of you work together, so you can be qualified as the finalists in this audition," she told them.

     "We'll do our best, (Name)-chan!" Kalim exclaimed, grabbing the demoness's hands and placing them in front of his chest. His red eyes sparkling in glee, making Barbatos remind him of being Diavolo's younger and golden retriever self—it made her heart warm and before Kalim could say anything, Jamil interrupted them, "Geez... All of you are carefree..." He grumbled.

     "I agree!" Luke exclaimed, nodding beside Jamil. The vice dorm leader sighed, "Okay then... Everyone, I don't want anyone to complain about I'm not being nice to you, alright? I'm ready to give you some serious instructions to fix your dancing skills, along with your singing skills. Avoid drinking cold water," he told them.

     Ace snorted, "We don't mind you being strict. Have you seen how strict and harsh (Name)-senpai and our dorm leader are? We're used to it by now," He assured. Deuce nodded vigorously, "Yes! We're ready to take on anything!"

     "I don't like this at all..." Yuu muttered, tired of everything.

     Jamil huffed and crossed his arms, "Very good. Then let's start with cleaning the gymnasium's floor or we'll get scolded by the Professors. Everyone take a mop from the storage room," he ordered. The demoness chuckled when Luke and Kalim also went to help them, "Kalim! You don't need to—Oh, god... That kid sure needs to be disciplined sometimes," Jamil groaned from the child he was babysitting.

     Barbatos smiled, "It's normal now. They're not a child like they used to be," she remarked.

     Not until someone entered the gymnasium, "Ah, I finally found you, Jamil-san!"

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)