Chapter 86 - World War C

The last few days had been really hard, everytime I looked at Kel I wanted to knock him out, and my sadness had turned into anger.

I was angry with myself for being so stupid, I was angry with him for everything he had done and I was angry with her for being such a bitch.

Kel had been apologising non-stop and was being really nice to me, but I didn't even want to be around him most of the time.

While he went to the studio, I called Chelsea to talk to her about everything.I knew she was probably busy, she had had a son a year ago and was now trying to plan a wedding for december that year.

We spoke for a long time, I knew she understood what I was going through.

"You need to take some time to decide what you want, and don't rush it. And as for that bitch Mercedes, we're gonna deal with her the way she needs to be dealt with." She said

"I think seeing him everyday makes it harder to think clearly and it makes me angry, just being around him." I said

"Well, pack a bag and go home. Then I will meet you there."

"Okay."

I got up and took my big travel bag out of the wardrobe and just put a few clothes in, I had more stuff at home. I came off of the phone with Chelsea and was packing my make up bag in the bathroom when Kelvin appeared.

"Are you leaving?" He said, he sounded nervous.

"I'm gonna go home for a little, I just need some time to myself." I said, putting my make up into the travel bag and putting some leggings on.

"I understand. You're welcome to come back whenever you want."

I nodded "Thanks," I said, trying to smile.

He walked me out to my car, carrying my bag for me. He put it into the passenger seat and stood watching as I got in.

"See you later," I said, waving at him.

He waved back but he looked so upset to see me leaving, knowing I may never come back.

I drove for about 20 minutes then reached my house that I was renting with Kelani. She was now working nights as a nurse and was seeing someone but wouldn't tell me who, so it was obviously someone I knew.

As long as it wasn't Kyle I didn't mind.

She was asleep in her room when I got in, and I saw there was loads of dishes in the sink, so I washed them and listened to the radio,

'Case of the Ex' by Mya played and I laughed a little. How ironic.

I turned it up a little and sang along.

The doorbell rang so I went to open it and helped Chelsea carry Micah, her son, into the house.

We sat on the sofa and talked a bit more, then made our plan of action.

***

At about midnight, armed with two cans of paint and a sledgehammer, Chelsea and I approached Mercedes' house. She was living with the guy she had left Kel for and I guessed he didn't know she had been cheating on him.

We could see into the living room and saw she was in there alone, with no sign of Damion, her "boyfriend".

From what I had been told by Kel this guy was mean and treated her like shit but she always went back between him and Kelvin coz Kelvin offered her the good life but Damion was who she actually wanted but he didn't claim her as his girl. When she and I had been friends, she only ever mentioned Damion, never Kel but apparently this love triangle had been going on for years, since she and Kel had been 17.