Chapter 90 part 1 - Love of my Life

THIS IS THE FIRST INSTALLMENT OF THE FUNAL CHAPTER,

90 part 1

For a long time, I cried myself to sleep at night. Either that, or I'd sit up all night, with a bottle of wine and try not to think too much.

Things had changed a lot for me since leaving Kelvin. I had become very reclusive; I only really went out to go to work, college or to take Kari places. I hated going out, I felt like people were staring, talking about me, watching and speculating.

I thought everything that Kyle had done to me was bad enough, but everything I had gone through with Kelvin was on a next level of hurt. It was so hard trying to go on with life.

Every morning, as I got ready, I painted on a smile with make up and held my head up high but inside I was slowly crumbling.

I had started a course, studying fashion design and it helped keep me sane a little, but I struggled to stay motivated.

I had changed my number to avoid any phone calls from Kelvin, or anyone he knew, but it hadn't stopped him... He would turn up at my house, he constantly would send flowers and gifts, anything he could do to try and get my attention he would do it.

Anytime I heard his voice on the radio or TV, I would change the channel or try to block it out if I was in a public place.

As soon as Kyle had found out that we had broken up, he had been trying to get back together with me, which just made me feel so sick. He really thought I'd jump back into his bed after everything he did to me.

I avoided seeing him as much as I possibly could, I despised him deeply.

***

I dropped Kari off at nursery and was driving to college when I vaguely heard the radio presenter mention Kel, so I changed the station.

When I got to college, my classmate Pauline came and sat down next to me.

"You were in a relationship with that Furie guy, right?" She said, stirring the coffee in her Starbucks cup and looking at me.

I sighed and nodded, "Yeah, why'd you ask?"

"Haven't you heard what happened to that model chick?" I shook my head, assuming she waa referring to Mercedes.

"She's dead! She was pregnant with his kid, but they both died on Saturday night, she's suspected to have taken a fatal coke overdose...." Pauline gave me a look and sipped her coffee.

Today was Wednesday and on Sunday morning, I had received a message on Instagram from Kel asking me to call him, and now I knew why.

I didn't evem know what to think, him having this baby with Mercedes was the reason I left. But now, Mercedes and the baby were gone. But why did Kel want me to call him?

I didn't want to engage in any contact with him, so I pushed it to the back of my mind and tried to concentrate on my tutor's notes that she had put on my last project.

As I sat in the classroom, my phone was vibrating in my pocket. Taylor was calling me. She and I still spoke once in a while, she had also gone back into education and was back in a relationship with Mackie, who apparently now treated her like a queen. I ignored the calls until the end of my classes for the day, at around 1pm.

I sat in my car, placing my bag on the passenger seat and putting my project on the floor behind me, and contemplated whether or not I should call her back.

She understood why I didn't want to be with him anymore, but sometimes I felt like she was trying to push me to talk to Kel.

As I sat with my phone in my hand, she called me again.