Chapter 22

"Baby?" I scrunched my nose at the nickname. Shaking my head, I tried to turn in my bed, which was a bad decision a sharp sting ran through my leg making me immediately regret moving at all. "Oh, Delilah, don't move."

"Bella. Where's my sister? And Edward?" I blinked away the grogginess. My throat parched. "Where are they, mom?"

"Bella is at a different room, but Edward's asleep." She looks to her left and nods to a hunched over Edward, pretending to be sleeping. "He never leaves. And your dad is down at the cafeteria."

"What happened?"

"Well, when you fell, you broke your leg. Your clumsiness dragged Bella into it and caused her to fall as well. She lost a lot of blood, somehow she got cut with a large piece of glass. You don't remember any of this, do you?" I shook my head, still tired and struggling to keep my eyes open. "Edward came down with his dad to try to convince you to come back to Forks. So you went over to their hotel, then you tripped, and you fell down two flights of stairs. Bella tried to cover you when you fell through a window."

"That's the Swan sisters for you." Her phone vibrates getting a call. "Who's that?"

"Phill. He's been waiting for updates on you both, he's so worried." She shoots him a text causing me to smile, but don't say anything on it. "I need to go see Bella, but I'll be back. Honey you both are gonna love Jacksonville. It's sunny every day, and we found the cutest little house. And you've got your own bathroom."

I take my mom's hand with the small strength I can master. "Mom, that sound amazing." Her smile falls and waits for me to continue, "But I made a mistake. I don't want to move; I want to stay in Forks. What I said before, I didn't mean it. I was having a bad day and I said things I didn't mean. I want to stay with dad. I have friends that I love, and I really like the weather here. I have someone that makes every day worth living."

She nods along to every word. My mom was smiling, it was small and painful, but she understood. She got up and walked out of the room. Edward finally turned and looked at me, he walked over with a glass of water in hand. He set the glass on the table beside me to help me sit up. His hands took me by the waist and picked me up. I held my breath, liking the way he can easily carry me. Manhandle me.

I was wearing a hospital gown and I hated it. I pushed away the covers and made Edward sit at the edge of the bed. I chugged the water but craved more. Unbelievably thirsty. The end of my gown had raised, and he scoffed, pulling it down gently to cover my knee. "The woman, Victoria, she ran off."

"Pussy." He smiled, taking my hand and rubbing soft circles. "Will you stay with me?" Edward held my hand till I was able to sleep again.