Chapter 19

The Cullen's home looked quite scary at night. But it was beautiful how the moonlight illuminated everything in its way.

Edward and his Zeke led us inside. As soon as we saw Laurent standing with Carlisle, Edward moved me so he was covering me, protectively. "He came to warn us."

Laurent gave Bella and I sympathetic looks then focused on Edward. "This isn't my fight. And I've grown tired of his games, but he's got unparalleled senses, absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in my 300 years." He look between Edward and Bella's boyfriend. "And the woman, Victoria, don't underestimate her.

Jasper fetched us the second that Laurent left; he took us down to their garage. "We'll tear them apart and burn the pieces."

"I don't relish the thought of killing another creature, even one as sadistic as James."

Rosalie walked sat on top of a counter watching her father walk away. "What if he kills one of us first?"

"I'm going to run Lilah South. Can you lead the tracker away from here?" He sounded in pain, as if this was too much for him. He couldn't even look at me. Same with Zeke, he couldn't look at my sister.

Carlisle turned to the two of them and shook his head sternly. "No. James knows both of you won't leave the girls. He'll follow you."

Alice walked over, rushed. "They'll come with us. Jasper and I will drive her South. I'll keep her safe, Edward." She added that last bit when he tightened his hold on me.

Sneering at her Edward asked, "Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?"

I rolled my eyes at him and moved away. "I'll be fine." My hand took Alice's extended one and let her take me to their black car. Bella followed me, giving one last glance to Zeke.

Rosalie huffed and puffed like an immature wolf, or vampire, at Edward. "No, why should I? What are they to me?" She said, just when I was climbing into the car.

Before I could launch at her, Jasper caught me right when he was heading towards the drivers side. "What is your problem, huh?" My feet kicked in the air struggling to reach her. I gave up and planted my legs down to the ground. Finally, Jasper let me go. "We have never done anything to you. But if you can't do this for us, then do it for those whom they killed. My father lost one of his best friend and everyday he looks more and more defeated not being able to find those assholes. So can you just stop being such a bit—" I bit my tongue to stop me from making her any angrier. "A strong opinionated person and help?"

Rosalie rolled her eyes taking in a deep breath, like she needs one. "Fine. But you owe me," She points at me accusingly and I get into the car waving her off.

Edward comes to my side before I can close the door and I sigh. "Looks, I'm sorry. Once this is all over I'll apologize to her, but can we not do this right now? You have to focus, because if your mind is on other things then you can get hurry. One of you can die, all because of us. I don't know what I'll do, If I lose any of you. Even Rosalie, believe it or not." Edward chuckles.

He becomes serious and takes my hand and I melt against his cold skin. I wanted nothing more than to kiss him. "Nothing is going to happen. There's seven of us, and there's two of them, and when everything is done, I'm gonna come back and get you." I was about to make a snarky retort but decided against it. His fingers slowly slid away from mine, and I stare at my lonely hand. He stands and closes the door then through the window he said, "Lilah, you are my life now."

I shake my head with tears welling up in my eyes. "I don't think that's such a good thing." Jasper drives away, and I roll up the widow. Bella takes my hand and squeezes just as she forces her eyes away from Zeke. Alice keeps quiet, looking straight ahead at the road of their house until we reach the highway.