𝟯𝟰: 𝗔𝗺𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀

𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 ─ 𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗻𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿'𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝘀'

'𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝘀'

"She's been moved to room 204."

It's been 5 days.

"Thank you." I walked towards the guys barely standing on my feet. She had been in the operating room for almost 24 hours, the race was the last thing on my mind.

"What did they say?" Max asked carefully

"They only told me her room number. I don't know what I'm going to meet if I go in."

"We won't go in unless you go in first."

"And her mother?"

"I'll hold her off, just go."

I braced myself before walking into the cold white room. It wasn't my first time doing this and I really hoped it would be my last but I had a great feeling it wasn't going to be.

I looked at the woman I- I don't even know how to describe her. I can't say I call my wife because the whole marriage relationship was too complicated but I cared for her.

I looked towards the woman I cared for. Yes, that's better. The woman I had longed for and hurt, the woman I feel guilt for.

It hurt seeing her like this, more than I could ever explain. It hurt because I had been in this position multiple times and I bet she had too.

First with my godfather, then my real father, then my best friend, and now her...

I hated this life.

I pulled a chair closer to her bed and sat down.

She looked so lifeless, her vibrant skin now as pale as mine, her veins bulging out, and her lips cracked but she still looked okay despite looking like a ghost.

The past few hours had been hectic. Her being rushed to surgery, me getting over the shock of being a father despite the baby being premature, the police taking statements, and her body being rolled out of the OR only to be announced that she was in a medically induced coma.

"Anna, I wish I could turn back time and make everything better. I wish it didn't have to happen like this." I lace our fingers together.

"Can you even hear me?" My voice cracks slightly

"The baby is fine, she's in an incubator for now but she's healthy. We have a week or two off racing since the Chinese Grand Prix was cancelled so you're stuck with me. Your mother hates me though and I don't blame her, all she's done is try to protect you and I keep taking her back to square one.

Alexa is finally behind bars, for now, we're waiting for your statement if you- no when you wake up at her hearing in two months. I also asked Charlotte to help me move you out of your LA house to a new one since Alexa knows your address for safety. Harley, her sister is also going to serve time for being an accomplice. It's just sad, she had potential.

Max and Kelly are hitting it off, it's cute and Lando kinda has a thing going on with this other celebrity. She's so humble and is nice, she came to see you yesterday along with some flowers. Also, did you know Lewis and the princess of Wales were fucking? Like I knew they had a thing but I didn't think that far. I thought he was a friend if I'm being honest.

I miss you. Please come home, our little girl needs a mommy. She's a girl, by the way, I haven't picked a name yet but I remember the one you picked as a middle name so I'll wait for you to confirm.

Your mum and your dad also came by. He's sober and has been for a few months now. I think he wants to be a better father now and wants you back in his life but it's up to you, no pressure. If he doesn't deserve it, he doesn't.

Pierre feels guilty. He feels he should've done something better so you wouldn't end up where you are right now but all attempts he made weren't successful. He's outside right now, I mean a bunch of people are outside and you never told me about your deal with Zack Snyder, I mean, what happened to joining the MCU?! That's been talked about for years now, I'm in awe that you're part of the DC universe now. My- no, our baby's mother is gonna be a superhero.

I'm still going to be there for you, all the way. I might have been shitty and a horrible person but I'm always going to be there for you if you'll let me and if you don't...

Heck, I would go to the end of the earth to be with you. I don't care how many times you turn me away. I will always, always try my hardest until we're good again.

I started going to therapy too, it seemed like the best idea. I didn't want to keep hurting you and I want to become a better person. I think I am becoming a better person as the days go by and Mads misses you a lot."

The door opened revealing Max who tapped his watch. "She's here, we held her off as much as we could."

"It's fine, I need to talk to her anyway." I walk out to meet a slight commotion

"Let me in, I need to go see my daughter. How dare you stop me from going in there?"

"Ms Gasly, can I speak to you?"

"So you kept me out because he was talking to
her?"

"Ms Gasly, please." Pierre placed a hand on her shoulder

"Aunt Bella, listen to him. Just this once." She caves and we walk to the hospital eatery.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I have been a horrible person and I put her through so much and I'm sorry. I know sorry will never make up for my mistakes but I really am." She looks at me for a minute before speaking

"I had never seen my daughter in so much pain before. Growing up, she endured everything, she moved forwards, and she was strong like that even when I didn't ask her to be but when you left it's like you took away a part of her too. She was so broken and as a mother, I couldn't stand that. So I took matters into my own hands and decided I would do everything to keep you away even if she hated me but your father.

Gosh, I wasn't such great friends with your father you two would have never gotten married. He had a wish and I would do anything for him so I complied. I had wished so much that maybe she would end up with a good kid like Arthur but no, she has to end up with you.

I had despised you for what you had done but I forced myself to turn a blind eye not only for your sake or my ex-husband's sake but for my closest friend's sake.

But I can't seem to force the two of you away and look at where that got you. The highest I could do now is hope and pray you don't hurt her again after this but I promise you, if you even cause her a fraction of the pain you have in these past years when my angel wakes up you will never see her and your child again.

I mean it."

I look up at her after she'd finished speaking.

"I promise I would never. Never again."

NVSH speaks, Guys the end is
near, closer than you might
think if I'm being honest and
I have no idea how to feel. I
love writing, it's so nice and
fun. Creating an alternate
a reality where I could have
anything that happens is way cooler
than I thought it would be. I love
doing this.

But besides that, you guys might
be confused about the whole Lewis
and Lando thing Charles was talking
about but those are book ideas that
are sitting in my drafts.

I plan to write a book where Lewis is
mixed with the royal family with my
own OC and Lando getting with another
one of my OCs so keep an eye out for that,
I'm not going to stop writing anytime soon.

For now, let's see what happens in the next
few chapters.

Ciao x