•17•

|Keli|

Oliver and I sat in front of Valerie silently.

Her hair was tied back and she had on reading glasses as she looked on at us in thought.

She parted her lips to say something but nothing came out.

I know her seeing us here was unexpected....but it was necessary.

Oliver was beat up and he had 2 black eyes from when Stephen and Vinno jumped him.

I was surprised he didn't call his 'gang', but now I understood that since his father was actually alive and actually here....maybe Oliver wasn't in charge anymore.

He was losing it all......he was drowning.

He'd been drowning.

Being the oldest of 5 and having to take care of everyone but you.

It sucked for him and I wanted to help him.

That didn't mean that I had to be with him or forgive him for what he did to me but.....

I want to be there for him.

He's my soulmate, my friend.

"Sometimes you're too kind, Keli.", Oliver spoke up.

"Hm....what do you mean?", I asked him.

"You're here with me.....even with all the shit I did to you....I still want to do it too....but your here.", he sighed and leaned back.

"I'll be here for as long as you need, Oliver. As a friend. I won't allow you to do those things you did before. I've out grown that.", I sighed back.

"Oliver. What happened to you?", Valerie asked.

I wanted so bad to jump over this table and slap her but I held it together.

"You happened, Valerie. From the day that I was old enough to realize that I loved you. Not like a brother but like your partner.....I was happy to be around you.", he shrugged.

I could feel a twinge of pain in my chest as I listened to him talk.

"Then Kayla died.....we took advantage of the situation.....", he spoke lowly.

"I remember.", she said while clearing her throat.

"So y'all did fuck?", I asked.

Oliver nodded with a hidden smirk on his face.

He's so annoying.

"Okay, continue.", I whispered.

"That same night, you fucked me over. You didn't even stop to think how I felt....how I still feel.", Oliver said.

He leaned his head back to look up at the ceiling.

His adam's apple moving as he swallowed.

His blue eyes blinked rapidly but a tear still slipped out anyways.

He loved this girl.

"Oliver-", Valerie started to say as she stood to walk over to him.

She stopped herself and sat back down.

She pulled her glasses from her face and placed her face into her hands.

"This girl has been dead for 5 years but she can still make me cry like a little baby.....so can you, Oliver. I'm sorry.", she spoke into her hands.

Hiding her face.

I stood up and walked towards the door to give them privacy.

"No....stay, please.", I heard Oliver say.