Thirty-Five

i always get the motivation when i'm 🪨 so enjoy this chapter while i hit my bong <3 (i'm sorry)
this is my fav episode of season 3
i love y'all so much

——————

Jenny sat outside of a cafe at a metal table. Sunglasses were covering her eyes despite it being gloomy out, and she had a large magazine in her hands.

Dean walked out of the cafe with a tray of three coffees. He paused when he spotted Jenny, tilting his head. "You look like you'd be in the cover of Vogue." He smirked as Jenny hummed, mostly in pain.

"I have a hangover." She grumbled, closing the news article as Sam walked out of the cafe a few moments later. The brothers joined Jenny at the table as she slid over the article to Sam. Dean handed her a coffee.

"I think I found us a case. Some place called the Morton House." Jenny started as she sipped her coffee. Sam frowned in confusion as he picked up the news article.

"Morton House?" He repeated as Dean turned to Jenny, grinning.

"You mean the Morton House?!" Jenny gave Dean a strange look as she nodded slowly. "I've heard so many stories of that place."

"Yeah..." Jenny hummed, turning to Sam, who still looked confused. "Supposedly, lots of the town claimed the house is haunted. People, usually college kids and teens would dare each other to sleep in the Morton House overnight on a leap year, where the house is most active." Sam held his frown as he read the article. Jenny shrugged. "They never found the victims bodies."

"It says here that a college student went missing in the Morton House after being dared to sleep in there a years ago." Sam stated, showing the clipping to Dean. He turned to Jenny, who shrugged again.

"It'll be like our Grand Canyon."

✦✦✦

It was dark out by the time Sam, Dean and Jenny got to the Morton House. The Impala's headlights had revealed that there was a van already parked outside, which only meant that someone was being dumb enough to go inside.

"Well. I guess we're playing heroes again." Jenny sighed as she stepped out of the car. The three Hunters met at the trunk, grabbing all of their gear before walking into the house. "Splitting or—?"

"Definitely not. No one lasts very long in this house alone." Sam answered quickly as Jen y nodded, cocking her gun.

The three ventured off together into the Morton House, guns drawn and ready to shoot when they heard whispered voices. Dean looked to Sam and Jenny, who raised their guns slightly as they all approached the voices, waving their flashlights.

"Freeze! Police officers! Don't move!" Dean shouted as he waved his flashlight in the two men's faces. They screamed in horror, one man shooting their hands up as the other aimed a camera at the three Hunters.

"All right. All right. All right. Take it easy, take it easy." Sam spoke calmly as Jenny lowered her gun, outstretching her hand.

"Show me your I.Ds." She demanded. The taller boy looked at Jenny nervously, eyes wide with fear.

"What -- are we under -- under arrest?" He asked as the man with glasses spoke up.

"We are unarmed." The taller boy handed Jenny his ID and she aimed her flashlight at the cards, glaring as she tried to read.

"Want to explain that freak outfit, Mr., uh, Corbett?" Jenny asked, looking back up at Corbett's odd attire. The man with glasses paused, pointing at Jenny.

"I know you."

"Yeah, okay bud. Give me your id." Jenny stretched her hand out further and the man stepped back.