Six

THEN

Jenny stared up at the old building. She didn't look any older than 18, she still had very young features for someone that was constantly in fights.

The metal door swung open, a woman dressed with dark black eyes smiling at her. "Jennifer. We've been waiting for you."

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" He asked quietly, looking to Jenny. She didn't say anything. She had the feeling they knew they were coming, given that the only demons that had escaped hell that year had gathered together for something. Something relating to Jennifer and her family. She just didn't know what.

"Come on, you two. We have so much to talk about."

✦✦✦

NOW

"You tried talking me into helping a demon, Sam! You've lost your mind!" Jenny yelled from the backseat of the Impala. Sam was in front with his brother, who looked as angry as Jenny.

"I thought you'd back me up on this, Jenny!" Sam argued as she scoffed loudly.

"I'm not going to! Demon work is evil! It gets you killed!" Jenny was fuming. She had listened to Sam and Ruby for a moment, listened to what the blonde woman had to say about saving Dean from Perdition.

That was, until she flashed her shiny black eyes and Jenny attempted to waterboard Ruby with holy water. Sam wasn't happy, to say the least.

"Jenny is right, Sam." Sam turned to his brother, still angry.

"Right? Dean, Ruby knows how to help. Why can't you listen to her?!"

"Because Demon, that's why. I mean the second you find out this Ruby chick is a Demon you go for the holy water! You don't chat!" Dean raised his voice as Jenny nodded quietly in agreement.

"No one was chatting, Dean."

"Oh, I beg to differ." Jenny butted in, crossing her arms and leaned against the giant dragon.

"Oh yeah? Then why didn't you send her ass back to Hell? Matter of fact, why didn't you let Jenny send her back?" Dean asked, clicking his tongue.

"Because - Because she said she might be able to help us out!" Sam stated, Jenny giving the young Winchester a warning glance.

"How?" Dean frowned, looking at his brother before back to the road. Sam stayed quiet as Jenny waited, brows raised. "No really, Sam, how? How could she possibly help us?"

"She told me she could help you, okay?" Sam shrugged, looking at his brother guiltily. Dean frowned at him, clearly not getting what Sam was saying. "Help you out of the crossroads deal." Dean gave his brother an incredulous look as Jenny waited for Dean to blow up.

"What is wrong with you, huh? She's lying, you gotta know that, don't you? She knows what your weakness is – it's me.... What else did she say?" Sam stayed quiet. Dean glanced to Jenny in the mirror, hoping she'd say something. "Jenny?"

"Nothing." Some answered quickly, Jenny looking at him with disappointment. "Nothing, okay?! Look I'm not an idiot Dean, I'm not talking about trusting her, I'm talking about using her. I mean we're at war, right? And we don't know jack about the enemy; we don't know where they are, we don't know what they're doing. I mean, hell, we don't know what they want. Now this Ruby girl knows more than we will ever find out on our own. Now yes, it's a risk, I know that, but we need to take it."

"You're okay right, I mean you're feeling okay?" Dean asked, his brother scoffing.

"Yes I'm fine, Why are you always asking me that?"