- Five.

Cinnamons POV.
May 17th 2022.

"Journey I don't know what to do. I mean my mom said she had eyes for someone else and then warned me about troubles in the relationship." I took a sip of my wine as Journey threw me a blanket so we could watch movies on her couch. "From what I'm hearing , it sounds very much like guilt. You know how you try to point out someone's wrong doings so it could take away from yours."She shrugged.

Damn, if that's the truth then it sure does hurt. I know Letitia said she didn't cheat on me but her behavior is screaming otherwise. I'm so damn confused that I just don't know what to do. I shook my head and downed my 3rd glass of wine.

       "Cinnamon, I love you and I wouldn't say this if I didn't mean it. But Letitia? That's the woman your meant to be with and nobody can convince me otherwise... she deserves you just as much as you deserve her." She sat down on the couch with another wine bottle and my favorite ice cream. That really made me think.

    I know me and Letitia are meant to be together but something inside of me is still scared. It's been damn near a year so why do I still feel so much fear? My phone began to ring and the caller I.d was : fiancée.

    Journey looked at me as she cranked out the bottle with that you better answer look on her face. I rolled my eyes and answered the phone. "Hellooo?" I cooed as I felt her smirk through the phone. "Well there's my beautiful girl...we have to talk." I sighed and nodded. "We do. I'll be home tomorrow. Me and journey are watching movies tonight." I heard her moving around on the other end assuming she was getting under the covers.

    I'm not gonna lie, I might be stubborn but fuck I miss her. I miss her kisses, her snuggles, that smile. "Well I don't mean to interrupt I just wanted to hear your voice. I love you, girl." I blushed like a kid in the candy store. "I love you more mama." And with that the phone went dead. I looked at journey who had that I told you so face.

    "Yeah bitch, that's what I thought. I love you more mamaaa." She mocked me as I smacked her arm laughing.

   —

      I soon left Journeys and made it home an hour and a half later. Gosh, I was nervous like I've never seen the girl before. I unlocked the door and walked in smelling my favorite food. Letitia was at the table in a white velvet dress that hugged her body nicely and white heels that topped it off perfectly. The epitome of beauty and elegance.

     On the table there was a nice warm meal with candles,wine glasses and a birthday cake. She noticed I came in and got up grabbing the flowers off the counter.

    "I know I ruined your birthday by acting outrageous and bananas." She was waving her hands in the air while talking. Something she does when she's intrigued or engaged. "But Cinnamon I really apologize for my behavior... I had no right to do that to you. So please, let me give you a proper dinner." I couldn't help but smile. She did all of this for me? Considering the fact that she can't cook and still made a way to make my favorite dish is amazing.

    "Thank you, Letitia. I appreciate all of this.I walked up to her and gave her a soft kiss as she wrapped her arms around my waist. "Awe and you got my favorite flowers." I cooed as she nodded with a perfect smile.

    She pulled out my chair for me to sit down and I calmly did. "You look so beautiful." I added as I grabbed her hand from the other side of the table. "Thank you baby. I'm lovin that sundress you got on." She peeked her head to the side as I laughed.

   "So who cooked this." I picked up my fork and tasted the food. It was like rising up to heaven as the flavors had my tastebuds in a chokehold. "I did, duh." She scrunched up her face as I tried to hold in my laughter. "For real Tish who cooked it?" She dropped her mouth open and widened her eyebrows. "You really have no hope in me huh? I told you I can cook!" She joked as I giggled.

     Tonight made me realize that no relationship is easy.I don't think there's ever a right time to let someone you love go. I think if they mean something to you, you should fight through whatever comes your way. you should be willing to do whatever It takes to keep them In your life. No one ever said that finding the one would be a walk in the park. it's hard work.

    We sat there for a couple of hours talking about sweet nothings. Just simply enjoying each other's company. This is the part where I say I know this relationship is going to be okay because it will be. In the end, all we have is each other. Nothing more, nothing less.