A Relic

The art of sewing and creating something beautiful from nothing fascinates me. The authenticity of each stitch and pattern calms me even. That's why I dove into my creations while waiting for Lord Aphmau to return with any type of news. Lord Hayden was an incredible man, a passionate and pure soul in most if not all ways. I tried not to shed too many tears as the village was without their Lord and second in command. I was needed. I took watch at nights, sewing on the watchtower while keeping eye on the entrance.

Sometimes I break down on those stone steps, remembering just what kind of situation I truly am in. I then follow those tears with anger for falling apart in the most important time of my life. It's all just weakness.

It was one of those times, where my facade had faltered and I allowed a few tears to fall. It was taking everything within me to fight them off, causing a massive headache in the wake of it. I had only just set up my area for the night when I heard the sound of steps rumbling through the evening sky. 

I quickly swiped my tears away composing myself. Last thing I wanted was Garroth seeing how weak I was at Hayden's death. Except it was Laurence!

I instantly feel my cheeks flush at the sight of him, his armor was dirty and his hair was unkept. But it wasn't that, it was the kiss we shared just a few days ago. He had to leave so suddenly.

"Hey there." He chuckles in his smooth voice. "Miss me?"

I laugh, "Maybe..." I try my best to be coy, but my blush isn't hiding all that well.

"I promise I was going to visit you anyway, but I am also here on a request." He saunters towards me, standing beside my sitting position. He is quite tall, but like this he is looming over me. "Lucinda has figured out a way to wake Alexis. After doing the ritual, she became exhausted and from what I've heard, you're food is better than any magic." He waggles his eyebrows at me.

"Sure thing. I have some bread that will become stale if I don't use it up. I'll make some croutons and a light broth and herb soup. " I say, starting to plan it in my head. "I'll have it prepared for tomorrow's brunch."

"That sounds delicious. I'll have to come by for a meal sometime don't you think?" He muses which I reply with a coy hum. "Erm speaking of Alexis..." he coughs and rocks on his feet "are you busy for the night?"

I can't help but squint my eyes at him in confusion. "I'm on night watch I believe, but besides that no." I'm clearly sitting here on the watchtower.

"Oh heh. Duh, sorry. Dante is on duty tonight since we are back." He rubs the back of his neck. "If you are not doing anything else for the night, would you like to accompany me to Alexis's awakening celebration? Just to catch up, there's many things I wish to tell you."

"Oh, won't it be a bit odd? I don't know the family personally." I point out. It seems like a personal celebration to me.

"Lord Aphmau and I agreed it is best to inform you on our trip as soon as possible. You'd just be there to discuss things with me." He winks to me. "No stress, just wear something fairly nice."

"Alright. I'll bite." I smile, wrapping up my materials into my satchel. "When and where?"

"Sunset at the Lord's front yard." He reaches out his hand and aids me as I stand up. I speak a quiet thank you before making my way down the steps.

"See you in a bit." I smile and wave to him.

-
LAURENCE POV:

I stood waiting at the top of Aphmau's steps. The sun was setting and it seemed she might be a little late. I shouldn't be bothered by it but I worry that something happened. Is she safe? Did she stand me up? Did I say something to offend her?