•𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑠•

Mattheo POV:

Me and the rest arrived at Hogwarts after the meeting and my mind couldn't help but think over the mission we were given. The words my father said played over and over and over.

I mean if the Scarlett witch power is so important to my dad why put it in the hands of 4 teenage boys the fuck. But that's beside the point how in the living hell are we supposed to find the person with the power? It's nearly impossible.

My mind could not stop racing so I decided to go for a walk around the school to clear my head.

Y/n POV:

I was sitting in my dorm reading the book Professor McGonagall gave me I sat and read the pages over and over making sure not to miss a single detail.

After laying on my bed thinking about everything I decided to do what I always do when I'm overwhelmed...I go for a walk just to clear things you know.

I used to do it a lot back home whenever things at home would get tuff like getting into arguments with my parents or when Emily's friends came over to throw a party when my parents weren't home.

I lay on the opposite side of my bed to look out of the huge window above
the headboard. The window was old and you could barely see anything through it due to the amount of dust that collected on it from not being cleaned.

This part of Hogwarts was basically abandoned and it was too high up to be cleaned but McGonagall said she would get someone to do it.

From what I could see, it was pitch dark outside the only source of light coming from the full glowing moon.

I always had a fascination for the solar system,the stars, moon, the sun, plants basically anything humans don't have enough data about...it makes you wonder a lot, and that is why I admired it.

I couldn't quite see until I remembered that when Luna was showing me around again she showed me a huge tower with a microscope called the astronomy tower I think.

I threw on a  sweater over my tank top along with some Converses. I made my way to the astronomy tower, It wasn't that far away considering the forbidden hallway was quite close to the astronomy tower.

I finally reach the large staircase that lead to the astronomy tower and started climbing the stairs. I finally reached the tip of the stairs and walk to the big balcony looking out on the stars.

The night sky is bright and full of light that reflects off the moon.

I was enjoying the sound of the wind howling in the quiet night with the trees brushing together not far away. It was peaceful.

I slightly lean on the railing of the balcony to look down at the ground. I was really high up and I mean REALLY.

"Don't jump from there it's not worth it, I suggest you die in a much more calming way." a deep voice rings from behind me making me slightly jump.

I turn around to see the one and only Mattheo Riddle standing in front of me with I cigarette in his hand smoking it.

"I wasn't gonna jump anyway."I say slightly backing away from the lege.

"Now then why were u standing so close to the ledge mystery girl."he says curiosity crossing over his face.

"I was looking at the stars dumb ass and stop calling me that I have a name."I say looking back at him.

"Sorry mystery girl"." he says with a smirk as he walks to the balcony leaning over it while looking at the stars with his cigarette in his mouth smoking it.

"Tell me, what is your name."he says as his eyes search the stars while bringing his cigarette to his mouth.

"It's y/n oh and by the way just so you know smoking kills so that's about 7 years of your life span gone."I say as I walk up next to him putting my elbows on the ledge with my head in my hands admiring the stars. He lets out a little chuckle.

"Ok y/n what are u doing at Hogwarts anyway this school sucks."he asks looking my way.

"Well "mystery man" I am here to write a documentary about Hogwarts and to be honest I am definitely gonna mention underage smoking."I say.

"Really funny."he deadpans.

I look over at him and let out a slight chuckle.I slightly lean over the ledge to look down at the ground but someone was standing there.

"Oh fuck who is that."I say gesturing to the figure standing on the ground.

"That would be night patrol."he says also looking down.Suddenly the figure looks up and spots us.

"Hey what are u doing up there!"the loud voice rings from down below clearly pissed.

"Well I guess we gotta run for it."Mattheo says as he rushed to the stairs.

"Wait what do u mean."I say confused slightly following him.

"Well you will probably find out if u stay up there."he says rushing down the stairs.

Fuck it.I follow him to the end of the stairs.I reach the end to see him waiting for me but something else caught my attention.The professor was standing at the beginning of the hallway making his way to us.

"Run."Mattheo says as he begins to rush down the opposite hall.

I stand there for a second wondering what the right choice is.The professor is coming closer and mattheo is already around the corner out of sight.

Well it doesn't look like I have much of a choice anyway so I rush in the direction of where mattheo was running the professor short on my tail but I was slightly faster.

I rush around the corner and down the hall but suddenly something pulls me to the side in a dark small space that I assume is a closet closing a door.

I let out a yelp but the figure put a hand on my mouth and pushed me against the wall due to the small space.

I hear footsteps outside the closet passing us but the sound drifted off the farther it got and after a while it was dead silent.

I focus my attention on the tall figure in front of me that had me pushed me against the wall.

"Ok get off of me."I say but I came out muffled due to the hand covering my mouth.

The figures back up and opens the door stepping out I follow and there was the one and only mattheo I mean who else would it be?

"Fuck I thought you were gonna  sacrificed me there for a sec."I say putting my hands on my knees bending and letting out a deep sigh I didn't know I was holding in.

"Never."he says checking around to see if the coast was clear.

"We're good."he says after a while of listening and looking for any sign of a person.

"Ok well I guess that's my chance out of her toodels."I say making my way back to my room not turning back.

This night was surprisingly...fun