•𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑖𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑑•

*FLASHBACK*
(6 months ago)

Me and my family were never really close.They always liked my twin sister more.Emily...

She was ur typical spoiled brat and of course my mom and dad's favorite child.She was popular for her looks and the way she dressed.She was basically the "popular girl" in every high school movie.

Me on the other hand was the complete opposite.I lived in her shadow and was over looked.We had completely different style and personality.

My parents how ever adored my sister for her "gorgeous" dyed blonde hair and blue eyes.It was really obvious that she was their favorite child and anyone can notice it.

It was the day of our 16 birthday and I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited for my sweet sixteen.it.The age I had been dreaming of for years.

I got ready for school and went to eat breakfast like I usually do.

I came down the stairs and enter the kitchen.My mom was busy making breakfast and my dad was sipping on coffee and reading the daily newspaper.I take a seat at the dining table anxiously bouncing my leg.

"Morning."I said looking at them confused.

They both mumble a quick "Morning" and continued with what they were doing.

Just then I heard an annoying voice excitingly enter the room.

"Hi Mommy,hi Daddy."Emily's annoying voice rings from the door.Both my parents stop what they were doing and went to congratulate her for her birthday.

If I was honest I was used to it but it still it hurts like hell. Being constantly reminded they don't care about you.

We eventually wrapped up and went to school with a bunch of balloons for Emily in the truck.

(10 hours later)

Today was normal.Just like every other day.I have no friends at this awful school filled with stuck up spoiled teenagers but of course Emily matches that profile perfectly so all the attention was dedicated to her, like always but I kinda prefer it that way.

She was so popular her birthday was announced in the assembly.Everything was about her blah blah blah Emily's that Emily's this and I'm so done with this.

The whole day I had been feeling angry,disappointed,sad and so many emotions I can't explain.I just wanted to disappear and let the emotions consume me...

When we got home I went straight to my room.I was not in the mood to hear Emily's annoying voice getting existed from all the spoiling and presents.

I petty much just had my headphones in and read for the past 4 hours.Music and reading are some of my coping methods.It helps me relax and drift from my own world to someone else's.

Fiction and my imagination have always been a big part of my life it helps me forget about my problems.

I was reading when I heard a loud bang from the hallway outside my door.I slowly take off my headphones and load music booms from downstairs.

It sounds like a whole ass party down there people shouting,talking and partying could be heard from every inch of the house.What in the world was going on...

I hurried out of my room to see the entire hallway crowded with multiple people making out,talking,gossiping and doing random stuff.

"What the fuck."I whisper confused and in disbelief.

I rushed down the stairs passing multiple people.I get downstairs to see the entire house crowded with random people.Flashing lights and loud music could be seen and heard making it nearly impossible to hear or see.

I walk outside to investigate more when suddenly the music stops and everyone's attention is focused on the largest DJ set up in our backyard.

"WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE BEST PARTY OF THE YEAR."A popular boy shouts into the mic making everyone cheer.

"Today we are here to celebrate the birthday of EMILY SINCLAIR."Everyone burst into loud cheers when they hear my sister's name.

Suddenly she appears next to the dude in a short pink dress.

"Thank you so much everyone for coming."She says in her high-pitched voice.

"First off I wanted to say that I am really grateful for making this the best party of the year and second off I would like for my sister to come up on stage."Her eyes meet mine and suddenly everyone shifts their attention to me making the crowd quiet.

Confusion consumes my mind as I slowly walk towards her and onto the stage.

"What are u doing."I whisper-shout to her.She just gives me a smirk and continues.

"As some of you know this is my twin Sister and we share a birthday.Well it's not like anyone noticed anyway because she's a loser with a total count of no friends."She says through the speaker while everyone in the crowd burst out laughing.

My cheeks turn a bright shade of red as I look at the crowd surrounding us everyone's eyes on me and Emily. It was so obvious she was doing it for attention.

"How about we make the party even better and through her into the Swimming pool for more fun."she suggested and my eyes widen in shock.

Suddenly 5 boys come out of the crowd jogging toward me while Emily giggles.

"Ok, boys pick her up by her feet and arms and into the swimming pool."she orders.

She pushes me to the ground and I fall banging my head on the side of the table and a gush of blood suddenly comes out of my forehead.The group of boys pick me up by my arms and legs and carry me to the swimming pool.

I black out in their arms from the pain that was coming from my forehead. Suddenly my body hits the cold water and sinks to the bottom of the swimming pool.I struggle to open my eyes as darkness consumes the entire bottom of the deep swimming pool.

I was out of energy and didn't have any motivation of continuing to find ways to get to the top for oxygen.

Thousands of thoughts run through my mind as I sink lower and lower to the bottom of the pool anger flows through every inch of my body as I start to lose consciousness.

All this time I've been keeping myself back,not wanting to go too far but it all begins and ends in ur mind.What you give power to has power over you if you allow it.

Emily has been messing with my life and I just let her like I'm some kind of a puppet.But I'm done with being another person to control.Water fills my lungs but I will not die.

Something sparks inside me at that moment , a feeling of power...

and suddenly I let go and allow the feeling control me...