Car ride

We both walk silently towards my car, the silently part being before a panting Elena came running towards us.

"Wait! Esmeralda! Elijah-" We could hear her yell, but I kept on ignoring her. Elijah opening the front seat door for me.

I get in, glancing back at Elena who was still running towards us. She was a slow runner. She wasn't gonna make it in time.

"Elijah get in before she reaches us." I tell Elijah who was still standing by my door, instead of walking over to the drivers side.

"It looks like she has something to say Esme." I roll my eyes.

"She's always got shit to say, now get your arse in my car."

"Watch your language little sister." He chided me like a father would a child. "We shall wait to see what it is she wants." He says as if his word was final. Which it kinda was, but we don't address that.

If there was ever a person I always felt the need to follow orders from it was Elijah. He practically raised me, he is my father figure. So I guess somewhere between the lines he earned the respect a daughter gives to his father. He's literally the only person that can tell me what to do without me ripping their heads off.

I huff in the car like an annoyed child as we waited on the doppelgänger.

"Elijah...I want to talk-"

"Yes we gathered that much." I inturrupt impatiently.

"My sister and I were about to go for a little chat ourselves. Would you like to join us?"

"Elijah no!-" I start whining. I can't handle an entire day with her.

"Yes... I would like to make a new deal with you." Elijah smirks at her answer.

"You're in no positions to make deals. And even if you were, how can I trust you?"

She hesitates but promptly removes her vervain necklace handing it over to Elijah. "Go ahead, check if I'm lying." She says boldly.  Elijah smiles as he shakes his head. He found her amusing.

"I don't think that's necessary." he goes to give the necklace back to Elena but I stop him before he could. Pulling Elena's arm down so she was looking into my eyes.

"Slap yourself two times."

Without hesitation she did, for two glorious seconds I felt happiness. But then Elijah had to go ruin it for me.

"That is enough of your cruelty, Esmeralda. Stop acting like a jealous child." I cross my arms over my chest as I turn to look forward instead.

"I am not jealous." I muttered under my breath.

"Stop mumbling, you know how much I hate the mumbling." He says before walking over to his side of the car and opening the back seat door for Elena.

This was going to be a long day.

_-●_-●_-●_-●_-●_-●_-●_-●_-●_-●_-●_-

Elijah is next to Esmeralda as he drinks blood from a blood bag. They had switched seats along the way, hesitantly on Elijah's part, so that Esme could drive while Elijah ate.

"You look better brother, less pale, more lively." Esmeralda says as she looked at her brother then the road.

"Where did you get the dagger?" He asks out of nowhere.

"I got it from your decicated body, as for them I have no idea. I had no part in their plan."

"I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word." Elena says from the back seat.