Gem

"So we go to the dance and we find him

"So we go to the dance and we find him."

"Really? How are we going to do that? We don't even know what he looks like."

"Esmeralda does, plus something tells me he's not going to be sixteen and pimply."

The Salvatore boys have been at odds all day trying to figure out a way to deal with Klaus. And I haven't been much help anyways, I find this whole scheme a waist of time. Multiple people who are stronger and smarter than the mystic falls gang have tried to take Klaus down but failed.

Klaus is like a virus, a cockroach that doesn't die.

"Esme, what can you tell us about Klaus? How does he look like?"

"Scrawny, ugly, has a permanent frown. Not a very intimidating fellow." I say but my eyes soon narrow at Alaric who scoffed at my statement."Is there a problem Ric."

He seemed to be trying to bite his tongue but couldn't help himself as his next words spilled out of his mouth. "If he's not an intimidating guy, why have you been running scared from him all this years."

Who does he think he is? Talking to me like that-

I was about to respond in some snide petty way before Stefan interrupted me placing a cautious hand on my shoulder.

"The point is he could be anywhere at any time. He compelled somebody at school." He looks at Elena and Bonnie. "I guess it's not as safe as you guys thought, huh?" Both Elena and Bonnie looked down.

"Hey Ric, I need you to put me and Esmeralda down as chaperones at the dance tonight. If Klaus plans to make an appearance we'll be there." Alaric nods.

Great now I'm stuck going to a school dance.

"Okay, so we find him and then what, hmm? What's our plan of attack?" Elena, surprisingly, asks a good question.

"Me. I'm the plan." Bonnie says. "He has no idea how much power I can channel. If you can find him, I can kill him."

"I like your confidence Bennett." She almost had me beliving she could. Although I doubt she can. Not without killing herself in the process.

"That's not going to be that easy. I mean, he is the biggest, baddest vampire."

"He's the most arrogant, power hungry wanker around. You wanna hurt him? Attack his ego. It's a fragile little thing."

"He may be a dick, Gem, but you can't deny that he's one of the most if not the most powerful-"

"What did you call me?" I stop him. My whole body stiffening as I turn to glare at Alaric.

"Princess what's wrong?" Damon asks as he sees my murderous gaze.

"I- I don't know what you mean-" Alaric didn't get to finish his sentence as I rushed towards him grabbing him by his neck amd slamming him against the nearest wall.