The Holymines

- "Aarav wake up dear!"
Making some noises, he rolled over. Opened a little of  his eyes, mom was there, cleaning the house with vaccum cleaner. He wasn't fully awake, so he didn't get why mom was  home today. Didn't she go for school? Getting back his sense, he realized that day was Sunday. So she had an off-day. It was about 8 o'clock. He got freshen up, then had his breakfast. It was an off-day. But mom looked  more busy today. She had been busy in the kitchen since morning. Aarav went to kitchen to see what mom was doing. She was making the mixture  of a chocolate cake. She had already cut some strawberries aside. Aarav didn't get it. What was the cake for? He tried to remember the day. Oh! Shit! It was Avline's birthday! How could he forget that? Avline was going to kill him if she found out.
- "How could you forget, Aarav?" She questioned.
- "I'm really sorry- I didn't notice the date."
- "Today's 13th of December you know. You'll have to go their house  with this cake."
- "But-- m-mom... uncle W-william..."
- "Aarav, he's my elder  brother. I know him well. He might be short-tempered but not bad at heart. He'll understand." She explained.
- "But he still thinks that Avline is responsible for whatever happened to aunt Queenbee."
Lymine took a deep breath, keeping the mixture  inside the oven, then turned it on, gazed at Aarav.
-  "I know... but Avline isn't at fault. It was written in Queenbee's destiny. So that she passed away after giving birth to Avline." She stopped, thought something.
- "Leave all these. Go and get ready. It won't  take long to decorate the cake."
- "Okay" Saying  this he moved to leave through the stairs.
- "Wait, don't forget to take chocolate ice cream from a roadside shop on the way."
- "Okay, mom." His voice was slowly fading up.

Aarav got ready after sometime. Mom made a beautiful cake in this short time. She was really expert at this. She packed the cake, yummy desserts and some caramel apples too.
- "Won't you come?"
- "No, I'll have to feed your dad the hot chicken soup"
- "But the nurse?"
- "Aarav, I've just a day to make him not to feel lonely. I don't want that day to be wasted too." She tenderly replied.
- "I understand-- take care mom."
- "You too, dear."

On the way Aarav bought a box of chocolate ice cream from a roadside shop. Uncle William's house wasn't too far from their house. It was just a path of 10-12 minutes. Aarav finally arrived there. It was a big apartment. Aarav looked up at the front corridor, to see if Avline was on the swing. She usually spent a lot of time there reading  books. But she wasn't  there this time. But he noticed a red wish-letter hanging on the Christmas tree of the corridor. Her relation with books was endless. She had captured the histories of  fourteen different  countries in her documents. She was also good at playing smart games like chess. And don't  ever talk about her studies. She ruled over the school for her academic performance.  Aarav's uncle was really very rich. He ran a successful business company. Besides he had enough of property.
He rang the calling bell, heard the sound of birds tweeting. The door got opened. It was Ryan, elder brother of Avline. He was nineteen. Owned brown hair with a very clean and thin face, was too long with a thin figure. He shushed Aarav.
- "Where's she? I searched her in the corridor. But she wasn't  there." He murmured.
- "Currently  her mood is off."
- "For what?"
Ryan gave a naughty smile.
- "Guess”
- "Wait, you haven't wished her yet?!"
He laughed out, tried to make no noise, nodding his head.
- "So mean you're."
They moved in, pushing him tenderly,  tried hard to avoid the sound of  footsteps. Uncle William wasn't nearby. Ryan said he went for a walk with uncle Jackson. Aarav didn't like hearing the name 'Jackson'. The man never seemed  decent. Actually  uncle Jackson was younger brother of Queenbee. He was unmarried. As their parents died  in a car accident many years ago, so Queenbee used to take so much care of him even after her marriage. And now the responsibility was on  William, which  didn't make any sense as he was the assistant  in uncle William's company. And he got more salary than anyone ever should. So what was the extra expenses for? Uncle William  got him a splendid  department of his own. And the most pathetic truth of him was that he used to provoke William  to believe that Avline was responsible for aunt Queenbee's death. Though Ryan was very protective about her sister. And he knew the real face of his uncle, but his father didn't. He tried  to reveal uncle Jackson's truth but he was too cunning that he failed quite of times. So usually  Ryan fell into arguments with  uncle Jackson just because of the evil mind he owned. Ryan gifted  Avline a tiny piano, a girl was standing on it. Turning it on, the girl started dancing with different music. It produced  different colours of light in the dark.