Chapter 52 - Beginnings

Chapter 52

3rd POV

Beginnings

Harry woke in the hospital wing and groaned. The white room being one of the more familiar and unwelcome sights he had woken to since attending Hogwarts

Beside him, he heard an unamused huff.

"I'm not so fond of seeing you in such a state either young man." Poppy said with a hint of a smile behind her scowl.

He grinned up at her, before grimacing at the pain in his jaw.

The pain brought his memories back into focus. He shot up into a sitting position before his body erupted in agony. An agony he endured as his eyes darted the room before settling on the silver hair of Fleur.

But he wasn't moving. His breathing sped up, his chest tightened.

"She will recover." Poppy reassured and Harry let out a relieved sigh and fell back on his bed.

"She will pull through, but it will be quite some time before she can transform again. Those wings of hers were heavily damaged adn will take time to heal." The matron explained as Harry nodded, a small smile on his face as he allowed himself to believe that she was okay.

He noticed it was dark outside and sighed.

"How long was I out this time?" He asked, dreading the answer.

Poppy smirked down at him.

"This is the third night you've graced me with your presence, young man." Her smirk faded and she took on her more professional demeanor.

"You suffered from magical exhaustion, and numerous injuries that I'm surprised you survived to be perfectly honest." She confided before turning to look at Fleur.

"Your lovely lady however, she was near death after saving your life. Blood loss and internal bleeding almost killed her, if she had held her transformation for another minute she would have died."

Harry let out a sigh.

They'd made it through. They had sent their enemies back to the underworld, including Hades who had been the reason behind the others escaping.

Then it occured to Harry that he would never see Merlin, Arthur or Godric again. Nor could he use the hallows to contact them like he had with his parents as the hallows no longer existed.

Harry supposed that he could find the underworld like the heroes of Greek mythology and go there himself, but that would just be tempting fate. Which seeing as there were gods and Death existed as a being. Fate likely didn't as well, and Harry was positive that Fate must hate him.

Better not to give Fate any reasons to punish him further.

"Harry, go to sleep. Perhaps Fleur will be awake in the morning." Poppy urged and Harry gave a tired nod. Sleep growing more inviting each moment remained awake.

Moments later he was asleep, unaware of the world around him.

------------

The next morning Harry woke to unfamiliar sounds around him. Blinking, he realized he hadn't gone to his mindscape, or seen Fleur in hers. Would they be able to continue using their mindscapes? Or had that been possible due to the spirits he shared it with?

Shaking his head twice to clear his thoughts, he glanced around the infirmary to see it filled with people.

His family, Sirius and Remus, and his friends, Hermione and Ron, the twins, even Neville were there with him around his bed. On the other side of the infirmary stood Flitwick as well as Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.