Chapter 47 - Voldemort

Chapter 47

3rd POV

Voldemort

Harry woke up with the sensation of Fleur pressed up against him, they were both still naked from their activities the night before. But it wasn't Fleur who woke him up, rather it was the phoenix perched at the end of the bed, amusement and concern warring in it black eyes.

It took Harry a moment before he realized the bird was there for a reason, which meant something important was happening somewhere.

Harry squeezed Fleur to his chest.

"Fleur, wake up." He whispered so as to not startle her.

She groaned and tried to borrow deeper into the bed.

"Fleur, come up, wake up." He gave her a soft shake and she frowned before her eyes fluttered open and she gave him a sleepy smile.

"Ey handsome." She yawned before she noticed his expression.

"What is it?" She murmured, arcing her body as she stretched.

Harry kissed her forehead and motioned his head toward the end of the bed.

"Fawkes is here. Get ready." He said as he stood and rushed to the closet, preparing for a combat situation, even if it was just an important thing that the headmaster wanted.

Fawkes squawked and landed on Harry's head as they turned away from Fleur's naked form, running across the room getting herself prepard.

-------------

Two minutes later Harry and Fleur stood in the headmaster's office, appearing in a burst of flame. Fawkes left Harry's head and flew to his perch with a sift trill.

Harry took in the room; it was as haphazard as always. Small whirling trinkets and strange objects covered most surfaces while maps and portraits covered the walls. On the desk in front of Dumbledore lay the coloured map he'd seen the old man use frequently, this time however, the color wasn't the blue of Morgana.

It was purple still hadn't spoken, his eyes locked on the mud before him and his fingers steepled in front of his mouth. The headmaster's eyes held none of the customary twinkle.

Harry waited a moment before sighing.

"Sir, what's wrong?"

The headmaster sighed and leant back in his chair, closing his eyes for a moment before meeting Harry's. He was looking older than ever, more like a normal old man than the powerful figure he'd known him as.

"Voldemort will attack the ministry any moment now."

Harry snarled and his wand flicked into his hands before Dumbledore stilled him, a hand held up in the universal hold on motion. Cocking his head, Harry calmed his mind, but his wands remained in his hands.

"There is more." The headmaster sighed.

Harry and Fleur glanced at each other, each shrugging before turning back to Dumbledore.

"Grindelwald is also on the attack. The European Ministries are headed to Nurmengard and I need to go there to help them. The ICW is sending their own elite auror squads to assess the situation."

Harry scowled, his mind racing to find a solution to the problem before them.

"The British aurors are ont he their way to Nurmengard, leaving the British ministry wide open to attack from Voldemort and his minions. The only allies you will find in the ministry will be each other." Dumbledore explained and Harry's jaw clenched, and he noticed the tensions in Fleur's shoulders as her blue eyes narrowed.