Chapter 30 - A Hard Question

Chapter 30

3rd POV

A Hard Question

Two days later, after dinner Harry led Fleur down toward the chamber of secrets. Remus had told them during their earlier training that he had finished clearing it out. The werewolf had told them the chamber had been filled with all manners of dark and dodgy stuff, whether it was from teenage Voldemort being messy or left there by Slytherin, he couldn't tell.

However, there had also been a massive amount of previously unknown literature, including a handful of times written in what Dumbledore assumed was parseltongue. That had confused Harry, but figured that it was a language, why not write it down?

Of course, he wasn't a linguist so the logistics of writing a language for hissing was too confusing to contemplate.

They stood at the entry-way of the chamber and Harry could help the smirk on his face as Fleur peered down the filthy pipe before turning and raising his eyebrows at him.

"Hey, I didn't make the place. if it were up to me, I would have made stairs for it." He defended as she huffed.

He took her hand and gave her a smile. Fleur rolled her eyes before a devious glint appeared in her eyes, without further warning she wrapped her arms around him and pulled them both into the pipe where she clung to him as they slid down the slimy pipe.

A full minute later, the two stopped moving at the end of the pipe and Harry let out a groan as Fleur released him.

He rubbed his ribs.

"Damn you have a strong grip." He groaned before shying away when she gave him a smirk.

"You haven't seen anything yet, 'Arry." She purred and Harry's mind went blank for a moment, before groaning again and getting up and moving away from the pipe.

"So how do we get out later? This Salazar didn't have a phoenix to get out did he?" Fleur asked, waving a wand over herself and within moments was clean and pristine once more.

Harry blinked and turned back to her; he had taken a dozen steps away from the pipe.

"You are a genius." He grinned and chuckled when she just raised her eyebrows at him as if to say, "of course I am."

Harry looked around the cave entrance they were in. He pointed to their left.

"The chamber is over there."

He turned to the right and cocked his head.

"I've never gone this way, maybe..." He trailed off as he walked the opposite direction of the chamber.

"'Arry? Where are you going?" She started before she shrugged and with a huff darted after him.

Within a minute, Harry felt like face palming.

There was a path leading out of the cave and he led the way, both wands drawn while Fleur followed before with her own wand drawn while Fleur followed behind with her own wand drawn.

"'Arry?' She asked, only a whisper, even so the sound seemed to echo around them as if she had called it out.

"We took the basilisk's entrance to the chamber, which is why the pipe was so big. But Salazar would never lower himself to jumping down a pipe and levitating afterward to get out. This-" He gestured to the pathway they walked down.

"-this has to be his entrance - though I wonder where it comes out." He finished.

"Does Godric remember whether the entrance was a girls bathroom a thousand years ago?" Fleur asked, mirth in her eyes and Harry looked up,waiting for Godric's reply.